GBS gsxr
[/img]

[img]http:// GBS gsxr
GBS gsxr
[/img]

[img]http:// GBS gsxr
GBS gsxr
[/img]

Hopefully u can see the images if not check out my archive and it's the red and silver car. Its a GBS zero with A JEBS tuned gsxr 1000 k4. Running a good 150bhp at the wheels. Got a dash2 digidash and flatshifter which is amazing although I did hit a couple of false neutrals on the way home. I've been supplied a little cog that is supposed to go in the clutch casing somewhere to stop this happening (got instructions and gaskets as well so will have to do that). It's also got JEBS dry sump system on it and I've been told the engine setup is what would be used in f1 sidecar racing. Drives unbelievably better than my last mk and is surprisingly quick considering I had a busa last time round. Can't believe how punchy it is in the higher rev range.

Dash2 needs some configuring. Anyone worked with these before? It needs the gears setup manually and the rpm doesn't seem to work properly. Just need some better weather now so I can terrorise the south east roads again

CosKev3

posted on 11/1/15 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice

Will you leave the alloy panels as they are,or get them wrapped?

Not a fan of the bare alloy panels externally

kentmagpie

posted on 11/1/15 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Looks nice

Will you leave the alloy panels as they are,or get them wrapped?

Not a fan of the bare alloy panels externally

I don't mind them actually but out of interest, when u say 'wrapped'

Wrapped in what? Clearly being thick here.

bi22le

posted on 11/1/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Vinyl. Like mine and many others have done.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

CosKev3

posted on 11/1/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Vinyl wrapped

Won't be much of a job and is harder wearing than paint

kentmagpie

posted on 11/1/15 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Vinyl wrapped

Won't be much of a job and is harder wearing than paint

Thing is I go through cars like hot knife through butter and probably won't have it more than 5 mins. I'll bang some miles on it and move on to something else. Tbh I didn't expect to get something so early but it came up for sale in my area and for good money so I snapped the man's arm off

woodsy

posted on 11/1/15 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
That does look nice and should go well with a JEBS motor in it
kentmagpie

posted on 11/1/15 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodsy
That does look nice and should go well with a JEBS motor in it

Thanks steve. How's the beast going? Where are JEBS based?

woodsy

posted on 11/1/15 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure JEBS are still going,but if i remember rightly they were based Banbury way.

Been busy working on the car .....had the suspension all set up,which transformed the handling.Fitted a less restrictive exhaust /changed the paddle shift system/fitted a rear diffuser/sorted the fuel level reading out/fitted oil catch tank and fitted some padding to the seats(mrs was moaning)

All that's left now is a front splitter/quickshifter and powder coating the wheels black.....oh and for the crappy weather to bugger off

On a back burner for a while is a turbo conversion.......busy saving the pennies !!!!

kentmagpie

posted on 11/1/15 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Not sure JEBS are still going,but if i remember rightly they were based Banbury way.

Been busy working on the car .....had the suspension all set up,which transformed the handling.Fitted a less restrictive exhaust /changed the paddle shift system/fitted a rear diffuser/sorted the fuel level reading out/fitted oil catch tank and fitted some padding to the seats(mrs was moaning)

All that's left now is a front splitter/quickshifter and powder coating the wheels black.....oh and for the crappy weather to bugger off

On a back burner for a while is a turbo conversion.......busy saving the pennies !!!!

Bloody hell. You've been a busy boy. I bet the suspension setup has transformed it, as u know it was like jumping on the back of a wild boar even when trying to drive in a straight line. What have u done with the paddle shift? U said u gonna get a quick shifter as in a flatshifter?

woodsy

posted on 11/1/15 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Getting the suspension set up was a bugger.Got 2 different companies to try settings before i was happy.

I did look at the Flatshifters but for a set up like yours it's silly money.I'll be fitting a bike quickshifter like i use on my race bikes as i've got alot of experience with them so i'll be able to get the kill times set right for me.

The paddleshift is now more like the AB performance ones.Never liked the look of the old one.....and i've rose jointed all the rods now to stop that bloody annoying rattling from the ball joints

I did see your new one on e bay and the spec list was very impressive.

[Edited on 11/1/15 by woodsy]

kentmagpie

posted on 11/1/15 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Getting the suspension set up was a bugger.Got 2 different companies to try settings before i was happy.

I did look at the Flatshifters but for a set up like yours it's silly money.I'll be fitting a bike quickshifter like i use on my race bikes as i've got alot of experience with them so i'll be able to get the kill times set right for me.

The paddleshift is now more like the AB performance ones.Never liked the look of the old one.....and i've rose jointed all the rods now to stop that bloody annoying rattling from the ball joints

I did see your new one on e bay and the spec list was very impressive.

[Edited on 11/1/15 by woodsy]

haha that rattling was rather annoying. Sounds like you've made some very sensible mods to the beast. Once your finished get a couple of photos especially of the mods and let us have a look.

Gotta say I am impressed with the new car. Needs some tweaking with the flatshifter although after some research I have found that I have the slik shift part that hasn't been fitted. Looks like a little gear/cog. Aparently goes in the clutch housing somewhere to eliminate false neutrals. Apart from that bits of the paperwork are missing so ill try and get them off the respected companies and that's it. Iron out any issues i find but it looks ok so far touch lots of wood.

Autoflock Motorsport

posted on 13/1/15 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
lovely car, you have the same engine as mine, im doing a bolt on supercharger conversion for mine meaning the internals stay the same and is a lot more drivable.

Im very interested to have some more information regarding you hitting some false neutrals as mine was doing it last time on track, I assumed the actuator position on the gear shifter was not installed correctly to the 15mm as specified.

Can you provide any more pics/information please

Kind regards

Raj

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=183445

kentmagpie

posted on 13/1/15 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Autoflock Motorsport
lovely car, you have the same engine as mine, im doing a bolt on supercharger conversion for mine meaning the internals stay the same and is a lot more drivable.

Im very interested to have some more information regarding you hitting some false neutrals as mine was doing it last time on track, I assumed the actuator position on the gear shifter was not installed correctly to the 15mm as specified.

Can you provide any more pics/information please

Hi there,

Like the sound of the bolt on supercharger I've only driven it once so far which was for about 10 miles and I didn't have any tax so I didn't wanna drive like a man possessed. I did hit a couple of false neutrals and suspect a very strange upshift problem a couple of times. Almost it seemed to downshift than upshift. I phoned Graham from flatshifter yesterday just to have a quick word. He told me to double check the way the actuators been fitted and make sure the instructions are followed 100% exactly. My car is wrapped up in my garage now until some slightly better weather comes and then I'll get it to my workshop. If u need it sorted quickly phone Graham at flatshifter. I found him really helpful.

just to add i do have the slik shift kit to fit as well which does eliminate false neutrals but Graham suggested I check the actuator fitting first. Any slight corners cut would result in it not working correctly.

I might be able to get some pics at the weekend when I'm home and it's light but during the week i leave and return from work when it's dark and the light in my garage isn't great.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.