Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Covered Car Trailer, 240V hookup, Insulated, Heated etc
steveiow

posted on 23/1/15 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Covered Car Trailer, 240V hookup, Insulated, Heated etc

Twin axle covered race car transporter with roller door. £2295 o.n.o

Originally used as an international house removals trailer it was converted in 2012 to carry my Locost race car. The sides and roof were fully insulated and ply lined, the floor was professionally installed with non slip Rhino Lino flooring with 4 flush fit tie down points.

240 volt consumer unit installed by qualified electrician to run 3 roof mounted lights as well as double 240 volt sockets with external hook up. Fitted with a panel heater with thermostat. Blue paper roll dispenser fitted on opposite wall. Crossbars double as tyre rack. Full length twin side wall tie down points. Nosecone doubles as spare wheel and spares storage.

Also fitted with internal 12 volt lighting running off tow car when connected to the standard towbar electrics.

Externally the trailer features a lockable tow hitch, LED lighting throughout with additional running lights and rear roller door. Fitted with full length blue vinyl stripe which is easily removed if not required. Recent 8 ply commercial tyres.

Trailer easily fits a caterham or wide track locost with plenty of room remaining for spares in the trailer.

Once hooked up in the paddock it has been superb as pit crew quarters, especially with the internal heater, fully insulated walls and roof and lighting. Far better than a tent and cheaper than a hotel room!

Trailer tows very well indeed and was an excellent upgrade from my previous Brian James clubman.

Dimensions:

1690mm door width
2000mm door height
1780mm inside width of trailer
4000mm inside length to start of nose (useable load space for car)
2300mm inside height
Total external length 5.7m
Total external width 2.13m to outside of lights
Total external height 2.75m exterior

Trailer is located on the Isle of Wight but more than happy to deliver free of charge to Southampton or alternatively I will deliver nationwide if fuel cost is covered. If you wish to view the trailer and collect from the Isle of Wight I will cover the cost of your ferry crossing from Southampton and back again (60 minute crossing).

Covered Race Car Transporter Trailer, Kit Car, Caterham, Locost, Single Seater

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.