Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paid for IVA today!
theduck

posted on 11/3/15 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Paid for IVA today!

I used the new online application process. Sent application Monday night an paid for my IVA test today! Just waiting on test centre to get in touch and book my test. Going to kidderminster hopefully at the end of the month. Will get some photos together soon so you can all tell me what's going to fail ;-)

[Edited on 11/3/15 by theduck]

spiderman

posted on 11/3/15 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations on getting this far, I bet you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and just in time for Spring/Summer (if we get one this year).
I expect your feeling nervous but all the hard work is done and all your problems should be small ones.
All the best for the test, let us know what the experience is like at Kidderminster as that is where mine will be going when it's finally ready, at least I have a wksp now so once I'm all set up my projects should move along a bit quicker (could hardly go any slower).

Best of luck.
Spider.

Spider

zx12r dug

posted on 11/3/15 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
I sent my application off Monday too but im off to chadderton heres hoping for a nice friendly tester.Even though its my 5th build im sure they will find something.
Good luck with your test....

theduck

posted on 11/3/15 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks both. Am really looking forward to it, though that might be because I am going to drive it there. I expect to fail first time, so am going with the expectation of coming away with a fix list.
The Black Flash

posted on 11/3/15 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zx12r dug
I sent my application off Monday too but im off to chadderton heres hoping for a nice friendly tester.Even though its my 5th build im sure they will find something.
Good luck with your test....

They seemed to be a reasonable bunch at Chadderton. Though if I ever have to go back there, it'll be a million years too soon

Edit - to clarify, that's because I had to have far too many retests, not because the inspectors were bad!

[Edited on 12/3/15 by The Black Flash]

posted on 12/3/15 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck.

Hope to get back for my re-test shortly.

(I've just about wound down now.)

Paul G

ctwv50

posted on 12/3/15 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I'm at Chadderton on the 17th. I need putting out my misery after waiting for the winter to be out the way. "Finished" the car in October, then found a load of possible fails and have been messing around with stuff for the last month or so. I just need a pass or a fail now so I can move on with my life!
Sellsie

posted on 12/3/15 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
I posted my IVA paperwork last month and got confirmation of payment on the 25th Feb.
I am still waiting for confirmation of date from the test centre (Southampton).
Phoned DVLA last Friday to find out what was happening, to be told they are working on applications paid on the 23rd Feb.
Nearly one week on and still on date confirmed

Good luck with your application I hope it all runs smoothly.

prawnabie

posted on 12/3/15 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've just passed my retest at kidderminster. I had Josh as the tester and he was VERY thorough! The test took 6.5 hours to do but that was including a few emissions test. He was willing to let me put right a couple of minor things but as the car failed on emissions he failed it on the lot.

I had Keith for my retest and he was sound too, He sounded more eperienced than Josh, but they were both trying as hard as they could to pass the car.

If you need any info PM me.

Thanks,
Shaun

Irony

posted on 12/3/15 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
What is the time scale between applying for the IVA test and the actual test on average? Just waiting for my VIN then I am good to go I think.

[Edited on 12/3/15 by Irony]

prawnabie

posted on 12/3/15 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
was about 6-7 weeks for me but I applied at the end of november so xmas was in the middle of it. Had to wait about a week for the test when they gave me the appointment though.
mackei23b

posted on 12/3/15 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi had my IVA at Kidderminster last October with Keith who was very fair, passed first time.

Cheers

Ian

sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Haynes roaster in college with students, gulp!

posted on 23/3/15 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just paid for my IVA, gulp!
I thought it was a £199 fee but had to pay for £450, wasnt expecting that, hopefully it will pass as its 1.5 hour drive each way for me from north Wales to the nearest test station in Manchester.

adithorp

posted on 23/3/15 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
It's been £450 since IVA took over from SVA. Retest isn't cheap either.

You might want to allow a bit more than 1 1/2hrs to get to Chadderton as you'll be hitting the M60 during the rush.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 23/3/15 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
I get what you mean, google says 1.5 hours, but i wouldnt take that kind of chance, its gonna be an ealry visit and find a bacon butty somewhere to calm the nerves.
Irony

posted on 23/3/15 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I am in exactly the same boat. Nottingham is my nearest test centre and it's about 1.5hrs from me and the other side of the city. Which probably means I'll be driving through the centre of Nottingham in rush hour in a car that I have built myself. Bit scary. I have access to a 4x4 and a man with a proper license to tow it and maybe a trailer But these are all works vehicles and could be 'out' on the big day.

Not sure what I am going to do to be honest. I am even thinking of going the day before and stopping in a hotel with a secure car park just to make sure I get there okay.

sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 23/3/15 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
This thing is going on a trailer, easy option for me, just might have to book a day off work. Two week backlog of forms to process, Ive been told to wait about a fortnight before the testing station gets in touch.

theduck

posted on 23/3/15 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was told that, two week ago. They are now 3 weeks behind!! They are processing 03/03/15 as of about half hour ago.
adithorp

posted on 23/3/15 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sg_frost
This thing is going on a trailer, easy option for me, just might have to book a day off work. Two week backlog of forms to process, Ive been told to wait about a fortnight before the testing station gets in touch.

Looks good. Get a preIVA photo thread started to see if anyone spots anything youmight have missed. Difficult to see in your top pic' due to glare, but are your side repeaters on the scutle. If so they'll probably fail on the angle of visability to the rear (common one)

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

The Black Flash

posted on 23/3/15 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
It's been £450 since IVA took over from SVA. Retest isn't cheap either.

90 pounds a time...

kingster996

posted on 9/4/15 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
I used the new online application process. Sent application Monday night an paid for my IVA test today!

Did they call you back to take the payment?

Sent mine in a week ago and heard nothing back other than an email confirming receipt of application - in fairness, Easter has been in between, so it's only 3 'working' days, but just wondering what the process was.

Ta!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

theduck

posted on 9/4/15 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Got a further email saying it has been accepted and had to call them to pay. I'm still waiting on my date an told it is likely be another 2 weeks! So allow 2months from when you pay until you get your date.
kingster996

posted on 9/4/15 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Haha - literally just got the email off them!

I'm counting on the date not being too quick - still a bit to do to be ready for the big day

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

theduck

posted on 16/4/15 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Finally got my date! Roll on the 06th may!
sg_frost
Builder

Posts 104
Registered 6/11/02

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 27/4/15 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Form was put in online on 23rd of March, was told two weeks before they contacted me. Phoned them 3 weeks later and they were processing 5 March paperwork, was told another 2-3 weeks.
Phoned on 23th of April (Thursday), was told form was accepted that day and would be processed in two weeks, ointed out form was accepted a month ago and was told it would be done by end of day. Had email within 1/2 hour asking for further details. Send details Thursday night and phoned Friday lunchtime, they confirmed they had email but hadnt opened it.
Phoned Monday 27th April to be told that the person dealing with it was out of the office until Wednesday, I explained that was not acceptable and wanted it done sooner, was told someone else would look at it by the end of the day, email confirming it was accepted within 5 mins.
Now waiting on test centre to call, I have been transferred to them by the DVSA and they said theyre waiting for the paperwork to be passed to them before they can call me.
If I had known it would take so long to book a test I would have done it earlier!

As regards passing, I have read a few posts and since changed the suspension bolts for longer ones so 3 threads are through nylocs, side repeaters are in front arches, and bias bar will be drilled and lockwired tomorrow night. Bring on the test.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.