Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: replacing mx5 headlight switch gear with individual dash switches HELP
ctwv50

posted on 25/3/15 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
replacing mx5 headlight switch gear with individual dash switches HELP

I've wired up my lights as this images demonstrates and have removed the dim/dip light relay and ballast resistor and wiring as shown.

I don't understand the diagram when it comes to the side/head/main switch. Can anyone help me understand it so I can then replace this item with idividual savage switch gear with apem switch blocks and 40Amp relays.

http://uk.farnell.com/apem/a0152b/contact-block-dpdt-tht/dp/1082354

Thanks

yngndrw

posted on 25/3/15 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
I've not driven an MX5 so I'm not exactly sure what the stalks are like, but I can go through the diagram and explain what it looks to be doing.

The headlight switch shown is made up of two parts:

1) The Off / Head / TNS switch which is a double-pole-triple-throw latching switch. It looks like TNS might be the side lights ?

2) The passing light switch which I would assume is a bit like a double-pole-triple-throw switch that is latching in one direction and momentary in the other direction. (For the flashing functionality) It looks like the left hand switch can be replaced with a separate single-pole-single-throw momentary switch for your headlight flash, and the right hand switch can be replaced with a single-pole-double-throw latching switch for your high/low beams.

ctwv50

posted on 25/3/15 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply I'm going to have to put more thought into this than I imagined. Hmmm

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.