Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More speedo diagnostics
focijohn

posted on 16/4/15 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
More speedo diagnostics

Evening all,
Have had the vortx on the road for a few months now, ironing out the niggly bits. One of which is the speedo jumping all over the place and sometimes flat refusing to move. click me . Checked all of the wiring as per the link (sensor to pin 6) and the calibration No, have gone OCD on the pick up heads (2 hose clips wrapped around the drive shaft) and they are as opposite as I can get them. I have moved the sensor to about 1mm of the head as it passes past the sensor. The LED at the top of the sensor lights up as the heads pass it and goes out as soon as it has gone. I checked the voltage at the clock connection, and as it triggers there is 11.8V (ign on). Does this sound right?.... I was looking at this problem a few weeks ago and found a link on here to a PDF or online jobbie listing all different types of sensors and 5v seems to ring a bell, said page now has gone from my grasp.

It is a revotech speedo and sender from revotech direct

Speedo # G80-S
Sensor # SS34-1

I've not dug out all the wiring yet but will do so at the weekend and make sure all the connections are sound etc.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

CosKev3

posted on 16/4/15 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Not got this speedo, but with my Koso it says the more pick up points the more accurate the speedo.

Does it say two pick up points is good enough?

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 16/4/15 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Check the earth points.
focijohn

posted on 16/4/15 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
From memory 2 is enough yes, will rig some others in to see and just re-adjust the Cal No ... It went through the IVA as it is so I'm assuming it worked as it should for that.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

CosKev3

posted on 16/4/15 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

I've made the bracket above for mine, picks up on the 6 driveshaft bolts.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.