Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Another Aries passes IVA
HappyFather

posted on 3/7/15 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Another Aries passes IVA

I built the car in Portugal but to get it road-legal I have to register it in the UK and then import it. So I sent the car to the UK where Steve from Aries received it. Steve prepared the car for IVA and took it. The car has passed first time! Mr VOSA Engineer showing the pass paper:

Now I need to wait for the registration. Then I'll have to decide between getting the car transported back to Portugal or flying to the UK and driving it back myself, on british plates.

HowardB

posted on 4/7/15 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations. Fantastic achievement. Looks good.

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

kj

posted on 4/7/15 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Well done, drive it back

[Edited on 4/7/15 by kj]

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

40inches

posted on 4/7/15 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like Nottingham centre. In good hands there.
HappyFather

posted on 4/7/15 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you all!

Yes, it is Nottingham. Aries is based on Ilkeston, pretty near by. Steve told me to put Derby as 2nd option of the IVA form. By the way, was pretty impressed to be able to apply for IVA through the web, pay with VISA and specify a representative, allowing me to apply from Portugal!

I want to drive it back. Some people in my closest family are worried about me doing the trip alone. I'm checking which is the most cost effective option hoping it will be "drive it back" to make it hard to convince people to do it differently.

Do note we are a family of 4, with only one tin top. We live on the city centre so we use public transportation daily. Our tintop is a small Honda Jazz 1.2 that will be 8 years next month and has just over 30.000 miles on the clock, half by me, half by my wife... The trip back is 200 miles from Nottingham to Portsmouth, 24h on a ferry to Santander and then 550miles from the North of Spain to Portugal. But since we usually do split driving for any trip above 150/200 miles. I understand the worries.
Our initial plan, 6 years ago, was for the wife to come and we would make a split driving vacation. But she can't come as she is still breastfeeding the youngest one.
(yes, the wife is one of those that dreams of split-driving route 66 on a classic mustang )

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.