Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: engine set up for track
ianminki

posted on 25/7/15 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
engine set up for track

hi all
don't rely know where to start but looking to take my little car for a track day. its stylus fitted with a Honda Fire blade 893 engine witch is as standard apart from jetting the carbs for air filter and exhaust no other mods. i have been having problems when out on the road as regards to the drive i have found that the reverse box to be the problem so have taken it out and now awaiting the arrival of a 2 piece prop (not gona bother with reverse for now ) apart from that engine run's ok and is quick of the mark but do i need to add anything to make it so i don't blow it up and dose it need to be corner'weighted as i have no means or the know how to do this . at this moment it time have not had the nerve to go on a long drive as yet but getting there the most i have done at mo is about 50 miles round trip but would love to do more just don't know anybody near bye for help . any help or advice would be gratefully accepted ....

regards ian

mark chandler

posted on 25/7/15 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
It needs a baffle plate between the sump and block then 200ml overfill of oil and you are good to go.
bi22le

posted on 25/7/15 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is sounds like to me you need to get some miles under your belt!

If maintained your car would do 000s of miles fora round trip and plenty of tall days to boot.

Get your confidence up in the car and some miles in the past tense.

Great car and engine combo, enjoy.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Matt21

posted on 25/7/15 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Corner weighting helps, its not 100% essential, but an unbalanced car will give you some weird characteristics

Engine wise, fine as it is! mines a totally standard 919, no baffles etc (I fill the oil right to the top marker though) and my oil pressure gauge shows fine even on long bends!

Other than problems I have caused myself and a throttle cable snapping, I haven't have any issues in mine at all and have covered a lot of miles! 350miles in a day was done with no problems!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.