Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steam trains... aerial videos I am proud of
tegwin

posted on 26/7/15 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Steam trains... aerial videos I am proud of

Ok, so it has nothing to do with kit cars but I know a lot of you would appreciate a nice bit of machinery when you see it...Who can say no to a steam train!

I have finally finished a video I have been working on for a while up in Wales and thought some of you might appreciate it

Steam trains:
https://vimeo.com/134145726

Another one which was pretty challenging
Lifeboat:
https://vimeo.com/133603901

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Surrey Dave

posted on 26/7/15 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Gear

I know nothing about this kind of stuff , but i like the films must take some time editing and getting it right.

Would be interesting to know what equipment was used.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 26/7/15 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent videos must take a lot of work to produce that quality well done.just imagine if your track day vids could be like that !
wylliezx9r

posted on 26/7/15 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Very good. Was the life boat video shot with just one drone ?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

owelly

posted on 26/7/15 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mucho respecto!
My movie skills stop when I hit the stop buttin on my camera phone so I admire those who can make a good job of it!
My chum gathered several people phone/GoPro clips and did this in a couple of hours!!
https://vimeo.com/130898233

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 26/7/15 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
As a keen (but very occasional) multicopter pilot, I must say that I am greatly impressed with your attention to safety issues throughout the video - never flying in places that would endanger bystanders, or flying over people, and so on.

It's also a really good video, and brought back a few memories of that railway.

CosKev3

posted on 26/7/15 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah well done

Excellent videos.

tegwin

posted on 26/7/15 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks David, I have to play by the rules or I am not insured Some of the videos on youtube etc are very impressive but terrifying when you count the number of rules being broken! There hasn't been a big accident yet in the UK but its not a question of "If' its sadly just a question of "when". There are a number of commercial operators out there doing things properly (me being one) and a lot of hobbyists having fun but giving drones a bad name in the process.

Appreciate the positive comments
All filmed on a single drone over a number of days and then edited together.

The drone is a hexacopter with GPS, barometric pressure, magnetic compass and four gyros. The main camera is a micro 4/3" slr swinging around on a brushless gimbal.

Theres a bit more info about the technical capabilities on my website www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Rather a monster compared to the little Phantom

[Edited on 26/7/15 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

ICARUSTROOPER

posted on 26/7/15 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Very impressive. Nicely done.
OliilO

posted on 26/7/15 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Nice videos!

That quad copter is massive! Does it transmit live images from the camera to your controller?

David Jenkins

posted on 26/7/15 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Which flight controller are you using on that beast?

tegwin

posted on 26/7/15 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OliilO
Nice videos!

That quad copter is massive! Does it transmit live images from the camera to your controller?

Yes, its is indeed a monstrous hexacopter and somewhat of a handful to fly.

I have two SD video links, one carrying the main camera stream and the other carrying footage from a fixed camera on the airframe to help with depth perception and to give redundancy incase something goes wrong. Both video feeds have a switchable heads up display overplayed so I can see the drones position, altitude, attitude and so forth during flight.

I would love a nice HD downlink but they are hideously expensive and introduce an unacceptable amount of lag into the video feed. The SD link is almost instantaneous.

I have two screens mounted on my controller so I can see the video from both cameras at the same time. The controller is a 14 Channel affair so its a controlled finger dance across it!

Its running the DJI A2 flight control system.

[Edited on 26/7/15 by tegwin]

coozer

posted on 26/7/15 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent shot of the steam train, love them...

The Golden Age of Steam Railways Pt2 on BBC4 11pm tonight and a documantry about train crashes after that... I'll be staying up to watch

The last run of the Flying Scotsman is on the iPlayer, filmed in 1968 its a good hour.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Petrolheadlukey

posted on 26/7/15 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Wow! That's really impressive...I'd pay you to make a video like that! well done

[Edited on 26/7/15 by Petrolheadlukey]

ReMan

posted on 26/7/15 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Really good work
sadly an area I became quite familiar with over the last 2 years, but a beautiful place, nice to see what you know from a different angle

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

tegwin

posted on 26/7/15 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Petrolheadlukey
Wow! That's really impressive...I'd pay you to make a video like that! well done

[Edited on 26/7/15 by Petrolheadlukey]

Thanks, rather hoping other people think the same

BenB

posted on 26/7/15 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice. But it's not a drone I haven't got into fpv because I don't like flying a screen and can't get fatsharks because of astigmatism. So my 250 racing quad is all line of sight. One of these days I'm going to get an SLR carrying hex..... One of these days.......
bi22le

posted on 26/7/15 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
That is amazing footage.

I loved watching both of them.

How did you get the boat footage? From onshore?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

tegwin

posted on 26/7/15 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
It's a fun game, playing "spot the drone pilot". For the boat video I was standing on the end of the breakwater/pier. Judging distance and altitude over water is jolly difficult!

Interestingly the lifeboat can out accelerate the drone but has a lower top speed. At one point i was doing nearly 30mph!

Matt21

posted on 27/7/15 at 04:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a serious bit of kit!! very impressive videos too!

My dad bought himself a phantom 2 recently, here are a few videos we have done with it

Another boat one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4IPrUbTHk

And one involving cars (though not my kit yet )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GFjCcEwSxE

tegwin

posted on 27/7/15 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice the phantom is an impressive bit of kit for its price!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 27/7/15 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent stuff! Makes a change to see one of those things put to good use instead of trying to P off the neighbours

Loving the music too, perfect for the videos, what is it?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.