Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EE.....
gregs

posted on 12/10/15 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
EE.....

Took out a EE mobile £20/mth broadband SIM in August.... got a paper bill the same week.

Pay everything by Direct Debit but mysteriously I hadn't set this up on this EE account...

A month later we got cutoff. Found the original bill and phoned the automated line and found there was outstanding balance of £23.50. Odd, but assumed I'd missed the bill and been charged some sort of late payment charge.

Cut a long story short, went through it again this evening, paid the balance and then went on to talk to somebody... 'yes Mr S, you are a paying a £3.50 (17%!!!!) charge to not pay by DD...really uncanny given they hadn't prompted me to setup at DD, almost like it would be in their interest to charge me an additional 17% every month.....oh and not mentioned on the first bill received.. apparentaly I should have used their FREE online line system to check my balance and bills....silly me.

So asked to cancel, got put through to member save / retention / whatever. Told them I didn't like the way they did business and wanted to cancel. So Louise then proceeded to explain to me that it was my fault for not reading all of the t&cs... I suggested I had better things to do and that was sort of my point... so she cancelled it.....

So I asked for a cancellation number....

She said I couldn't have one....

I asked for her name....

"Louise"...

"And your surname?"

"I don't have to give that to you"......right.

"How do I know it's cancelled?"

"Because I'm telling you"....oh right, like "trust me it's cancelled"....

"Do you want to speak to my manager?"

"Yes please"

FFS - I must live in cloud cuckoo land or something, but I like to think I can trust to some level the big corporations we have to ineract with , but EE staff uniform must involve a stetson, chaps and a cow hide waist coat.

Rant over - anybody recommend any other operator that isn't quite so ye-ha?

Greg

coozer

posted on 12/10/15 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I'm sitting here at Reed Boardell waiting to get loaded typing this on my tablet with an EE data sim that I bought off eBay for £15. It lasts 90 days or 6gb whichever comes first.

When I first put it in it directs to the EE website to register where I just put a joke name in like Ned Kelly and we are off. When it runs out of credit or 90 days are up just buy another one off the bay and repeat.

If I'm going on holiday to Spain, canaries, etc I buy a 3 data sim, it has 3gb for 90 days and is a bit more expensive at £21 but works abroad without any additional charges.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

gregs

posted on 12/10/15 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Well, I'm sitting here at Reed Boardell waiting to get loaded typing this on my tablet with an EE data sim that I bought off eBay for £15. It lasts 90 days or 6gb whichever comes first.

When I first put it in it directs to the EE website to register where I just put a joke name in like Ned Kelly and we are off. When it runs out of credit or 90 days are up just buy another one off the bay and repeat.

If I'm going on holiday to Spain, canaries, etc I buy a 3 data sim, it has 3gb for 90 days and is a bit more expensive at £21 but works abroad without any additional charges.

Hope you've read their T&Cs !!

Sounds more like it - we only have it as a back up for when the wired broadband is super rubbish.

RoyM

posted on 12/10/15 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Whatever you do don't move to three. Transferred my number to them and now I've got no phone access at all - after 10 days(!!!) of telling me to call them on the on the internal network (I'm in Spain at the moment with only the non working phone) they finally got the message and called me on the wife's phone After basically telling me to turn it on and off again they ran out of ideas and decided my phone was faulty!! Totally useless!
Staple balls

posted on 12/10/15 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I had no end of trouble with ee/orange at the end of my last contract.

So I swapped to BT (who own all of the above now)

Bit simpler, as it's one less bill to deal with.

Incidentally, when dealing with call centre monkeys, you want their name (you'll only get their first name) their extension, and ideally the call centre and department they're working in.

That way if they're useful, you can find them again without much trouble, and you can throw the morons under the bus when you end up talking to management.

Also if you're asking for anything complicated at all, ask them to make sure they note stuff down, that way if you get disconnected, or you can't get the same primate next time, you don't have to explain everything again.

Note all of the names, extensions and any useful details down.

britishtrident

posted on 12/10/15 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
After ten+ years with Orange/EE I left EE because of the chaos and coverage that seemed to have more and more not spots, even leaving them was a traumatic experience, now with Tesco much happierbetter T&C and pay much less for much better 4G

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

benchmark51

posted on 13/10/15 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
I have been with giff gaff for 4 years now and it's perfick!
No contract, cheapest prices, can tailor to what ever you want really, monthly recurring payments by DD. Good O2 coverage.
Well worth a go

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/benchmark51

Ben_Copeland

posted on 13/10/15 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Been with 3 for 5 years now. Excellent coverage and service, they even gave me a free home coverage extender for my house as it seems to block all phone signals!

Apart from them slowly putting the price up everytime I upgrade its still cheaper than o2/EE/vodaphone when I want the latest iPhone.

I had trouble when I went abroad because I forgot to set up roaming and so didn't have a signal. Now I've set it up its fine.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.