Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: more spam :-(
theconrodkid

posted on 8/11/15 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
more spam :-(

Peeps,i have notcied most of my spam comes from some clowns who,s e mail addy ends with "egmont.se",they just change the first couple of digits to fool the spam filter.
is there any way i can stop them ?,they seem a legit company in Sweden.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Staple balls

posted on 8/11/15 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Depends who does your email as much as anything, but in gmail go here and add the domain so you have

The following filters are applied to all incoming mail:
Matches: fromegmont.se)
Do this: Delete it

If your emain jobber doesn't work like that, you could do a wildcard filter so *@egmont.se and send to junk or delete.

theconrodkid

posted on 8/11/15 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Just BT internet.com,i have found a way of blocking messages with words or phrases in but not how to block the sender,the top of the form you fill in seems to be missing :-( so it could be there,thanks for the reply,i shall seek and if posible destroy :-).

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

britishtrident

posted on 8/11/15 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
What program are you using for eMail if you are using Thunderbird it is easy enough to create a message filter, Thunderbird also has an adaptive junk filter which learns from which mark messages as junk.

One of the best junk mail filters in Robin Keir K9 http://www.keir.net/k9.html A very mature program it takes a little knowledge to setup but is very effective I have been using it since the days of Windows 98.

[Edited on 8/11/15 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Slimy38

posted on 8/11/15 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
What program are you using for eMail if you are using Thunderbird it is easy enough to create a message filter, Thunderbird also has an adaptive junk filter which learns from which mark messages as junk.

I find Yahoo's email filter seems to work effectively as long as you do mark them as junk. If there is a batch of messages of similar type (or source), one marked as junk gets it to the junk folder, then about half a dozen more end up there by default, then they disappear completely.

I used to just delete them with a rule but that doesn't tell the service provider what they are, so they carry on coming.

theconrodkid

posted on 8/11/15 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Tried thunderbird and had to get someone to repair the damage i had done,i am not computer friendly :-(.
it,s just the std BT jobbie i use and my box for banned senders is full,wont accept any more.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

anthony1

posted on 9/11/15 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Password change???

We have recently had the same sort of problem...........hundreds of "returned mail to sender messages" , from mailer daemon......like yours the initials etc were changed some of the times. Did a search and found that the same thing seemed to be happening to thousands of other people worldwide! Advice was to change your e-mail password and not get your computer to remember it when given that option..........yes you need to type in your password each time but so far!!!!????? Worth a try .....
theconrodkid

posted on 9/11/15 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
ok thanks ill give it a try.
i did contact "egmont.se" and had a rant,they said they would look into it

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.