Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hit by lorry... Whining idiot..
tegwin

posted on 2/12/15 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hit by lorry... Whining idiot..

So a chap who owns a dashcam company decides to sit in the middle lane of a motorway traveling slower than the lorries and then wonders why the lorry drivers are getting annoyed...

True that ramming him isn't ok but I really hope the car driver gets done for being a middle lane http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

sdh2903

posted on 2/12/15 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I don't condone the lorry's behaviour but that guy is a tool. Head and neck injuries? Seriously there was a tiny dent on the side of the car! He's as bad as the ambulance chasing scumbag claims lawyers
jollygreengiant

posted on 2/12/15 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Ok then, lets just play devils advocate here.

IF he (the car driver) was doing more than 60mph, then he was doing nothing wrong, the maximum speed for an HGV on the motorway is I believe, 60mph.
From a quick look at the footage it is not entirely clear that the inside lane was clear. (but I might be wrong)
IF the motorway was (it looked like it was) only 3 lanes, then the lorry driver should NOT have used the third lane.
The HGV driver should not have pulled back into the middle lane until he was clear of the vehicle.
The HGV driver SHOULD have stopped at the scene of the incident.
Intimidatory (flashing headlights as you arrive behind a slower vehicle) driving is NOT the professional way of driving that a professional HGV driver should drive.
The driver is complaining about the lack of police response. By three different forces.

Just my humble opinion. Yes HGV can/do have 40(odd) Tonnes behind them, HGV (and all drivers) should be driving to a higher standard than what is currently being (enforced) driven. The driving licence should be treated like a privilege not a god given right. (And this also applies to car and other vehicles.)JMHO.

(Edit bit)
And yes head and neck injuries would have been questionable after driving that much further, but, not impossible allowing for adrenalin. However, I would still rather get "checked out" after that sort of run in. Not ambulance chasing at all.

[Edited on 2/12/15 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

nero1701

posted on 2/12/15 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
What a whinging cock..

Middle lane hog who by the looks of it had an issue getting out of the middle lane when faster moving vehicle was trying to get past.

owelly

posted on 2/12/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Ticket the truck for crashing. Ticket the car for inconsiderate driving.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jps

posted on 2/12/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
So a chap who owns a dashcam company decides to sit in the middle lane of a motorway traveling slower than the lorries and then wonders why the lorry drivers are getting annoyed...

True that ramming him isn't ok but I really hope the car driver gets done for being a middle lane http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

I'm of the opinion that lorry drivers (along with bus/taxi/etc) are professional drivers - if anyone should know better - they should. Plus they drive the heaviest things on the road, so they can cause the most horrendous damage. The car driver may be a pillock, but the lorry driver should have the book thrown at him...

Edit: Starting typing that before anyone had replied - I agree with JGG on this one entirely.

[Edited on 2/12/15 by jps]

tegwin

posted on 2/12/15 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Totally agree the lorry driver has committed an offense and needs punishing for driving in a way that isn't professional... However the way the car appears to be behaving is equally worthy of investigation and punishment imho.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

shindha

posted on 2/12/15 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I think that the lorry driver did not conduct himself in a professional manner as he is a professional driver. However the car driver acted like a greater idiot because he had a dash cam, firstly if he sees a lorry coming up to him flashing his lights and blaring his horn I would have thought the logical thing to do would be to move out of the way, and as it does seem like that there is nothing in the inside lane. How was he to know that the lorry had not lost its brakes or had some other problems on board? Incidents like this could very easily have ended up in a fatality, so always treat the other driver as an idiot – I was taught this when I started to drive – works well most of the time.
hkp57

posted on 2/12/15 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
No winners from either side, both drivers were idiots.

If i were a betting man I would have said the car driver provoked the situation and played the innocent injured victim as a publicity stunt for "Dash Cam" company he owns?

its backfired on his business ethics though

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

CosKev3

posted on 2/12/15 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Ex special constable + dashboard camera company boss = looking for a incident to advertise his company in my cynical opinion
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 2/12/15 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Totally agree the lorry driver has committed an offense and needs punishing for driving in a way that isn't professional... However the way the car appears to be behaving is equally worthy of investigation and punishment imho.

Exactly what I was going to say! Both to blame; car driver for baiting the lorry, and the HGV driver for reacting. Unfortunately using a vehicle to attack another person/vehicle isn't acceptable in any way/shape/form, and I hope they don't try and accept that as GBH or similar. But what's worse is trying to claim for back/neck injuries. If that's fraudulent, I hope they throw the book at him as it affects all premiums.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

gremlin1234

posted on 2/12/15 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
If i were a betting man I would have said the car driver provoked the situation and played the innocent injured victim as a publicity stunt for "Dash Cam" company he owns?
what provoked it by sitting in the middle lane with hazard lights on. the lights you see flashing at the beginning of the video are not the lorry headlights, they are a reflection of the cars own lights. ps can also hear the hazard 'tick' !
I guess that could be classed as dangerous driving.

benchmark51

posted on 2/12/15 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Orf wiv thier 'eads, the pair of them
coyoteboy

posted on 2/12/15 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
From the footage alone that looks like shocking driving by the car but inexcusable stupidity by the lorry.

Prosecute them both.

Moorron

posted on 2/12/15 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Just read this on the BBC and when I heard a car was rammed 3 times by a lorry I was expecting more than a scuff on the car! I think someone needs to calm down for ever reacting but if he is an ex copper then I'm not surprised. Milk it for the compo pal.

Lorry driver should have just tailgated him or done a real job at ramming the car 3 times. Im surprised the lorry driver doesn't have his own footage, that may show a different side to the story. It seems everyone takes a film as truth, when its produced by one of the sides of the argument it is biased and shouldn't remove the other sides opinion (its just has more info).

Both should be reprimanded.

I run a front and rear cam in my daily car, a gopro in my other lightly used daily car and kit car. It seems many people don't care about driving now and its worked out in my favour in more than one argument. Especially when you have them hidden and let the other party stick their foot right in it and then at the end of the argument point the camera out

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

adithorp

posted on 2/12/15 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:
what provoked it by sitting in the middle lane with hazard lights on. the lights you see flashing at the beginning of the video are not the lorry headlights, they are a reflection of the cars own lights. ps can also hear the hazard 'tick' !

I thought that.

No excuse for the HGV to do that and the legal side of that would seem straight forward but... you have to wonder what had occured before what was shown and how much it's been edited. If it turned out he'd deliberatly antagonised the HGV in order to "advertise" his product then he should have the book thrown at him.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Toys2

posted on 2/12/15 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:

You're right, I didn't notice his Hazard lights reflecting at first

Also look carefully at the truck on this inside lane, also CATCHING our "victim" in the middle lane, It really does look like some truck bating going on there

[Edited on 2/12/15 by Toys2]

coozer

posted on 2/12/15 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
As a director of a haulage company I think the HGV driver has reacted inappropriately to something not seen there. He's let his emossions get the better of him. The car driver has caused the incident either for his own gains or the publicity.

Hgv should not have moved into the third lane and defiantly not used his vehicle to try and force the car over. The car driver had a good few options there, he could have moved to lane one and slowed down if he was that terrified, he could have stopped on the hard shoulder for the same reason. Or my preferred option, he could have pushed the right peddle just a bit and accelerated away from all the 'danger' around him. I wonder if he's the same kind of dickhead that travels along at 45 then when a truck starts to move past speeds up and matches the truck....

I think there was more happened before the start of the footage. There was two hgvs quequed up in lane 1and 2 and he was obviously causing an obstruction driving slower than 55 in the middle lane.

Hgvs have a speed limiter that is set by the company and can vary anywhere from 50 (coop wagons) to the legal maximum of 56. That's 90kph set down by the European union.

HGV licences are not handed out lightly and are vocational. They can be revoked at any time by the police, vosa inspectors or the traffic commissionor.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

BenB

posted on 2/12/15 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
As said both are idiots. Driving down the middle lane at <60 with hazard warning lights on. WTF? What precisely was that in aid of and WTF was he expecting the truck driver to do? Can't go in the outside lane. How did he get in front of a truck he was clearly going slower than? I'd be interested in seeing the video of 5 minutes just prior to the incident.
And as for neck pain.............. What a dickwad. I've caused my damage to my car with a bit of gravel on a shammy leather. No way that would cause neck pain.

Fine the truck driver for dangerous driving and criminal damage, do the car driver for driving like a complete twonk and taking the piss.

ash_hammond

posted on 2/12/15 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Ex special constable + dashboard camera company boss = looking for a incident to advertise his company in my cynical opinion

Could not agree more!

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

YQUSTA

posted on 2/12/15 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think either drivers actions were clever and both are to blame, what I did notice in the video is the main clip ends at 21:37 then the very last short clip starts at 21:51 and the car has got somewhat in front of the wagon again or at least up the inside of him so it looks like he was baiting the lorry which if he was as scared as he proclaims to the police then he should have stayed behind so as not to have any more confrontation.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

ianhurley20

posted on 2/12/15 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I think the EX special constable says a lot, perhaps to be replaced with the words 'paper hat'

David Jenkins

posted on 2/12/15 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'm absolutely sure that's only half the story... I can imagine some idiot hogging the middle lane, then speeding up when the lorry wanted to pull back in, just to mess the lorry driver about and "prove a point". IMHO, it's 50/50 blame - both need a good talking-to.

I do agree with the previous comment though - if you feel threatened, just slow down and let the dangerous situation go away. If slowing down doesn't work, floor it and go around - after all, just about any car can out-manoeuvre a fully-laden HGV if you try hard enough!

Jed

posted on 2/12/15 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
This guy looks like him and is an ex Special Constable....

http://www.mattstockdale.com/

ravingfool

posted on 2/12/15 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
It's because of morons like this driver that the rest of us are actually thinking about getting a dash cam but sure as hell not from his outfit. Hope they charge him for exactly the same as the lorry driver as it certainly appears just from the available clip that he's brought this behaviour on himself.

Hazards in middle lane going very slow for no reason? Somehow overtakes moments later again. Clearly just trying to get some publicity and potentially damaged someone's livelihood in the process.

Didn't look like the HGV driver was genuinely trying to hit him but to just make a point. Looks like they were driven to it though and whilst no real defence it should be taken into account.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.