Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lifespan of a BEC MK INDYBLADE
polomouth

posted on 9/1/16 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Lifespan of a BEC MK INDYBLADE

Morning everybody what's the general feeling on the lifespan of a MK Indy mine was built in November 2008 and has done 8000 miles so far. Usage wise 90% dry usage and dry stored. im thinking of a change before it starts having any issues? Maybe it won't have any are there any common things to look out for? If I do change I'm Probably going down the Honda S2000 Route? I would be happy to keep the Indy as it's an awesome car and a cheap toy to have considering what you get pound for pound. If I was to keep it I would want to put a full screen and side doors ect on it to make it a bit more user friendly for weekends away ect. Has anybody gone from aeroscreen to full windscreen and regretted it cost wise ect. Opinions please as I'm really not sure what to do with the car.
ReMan

posted on 9/1/16 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
No reason why it won't last 20 years or more
There's so little to have issues with really
Bearing in mind most of the running gear is from a production vehicles and with the exception of the engine less stressed than previously
No reason why the engine shouldn't run and run looked after, so with the exception of consumables brakes clutches batteries tyres, unless you WANT to change stuff or bend it they are cheap enough to be long term friends

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

polomouth

posted on 9/1/16 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
When you put it like that, I suppose that makes sense doesn't it lol. It's the chassis that bothers me more than anything else really. I might take a drive upto MK Factory and get them to give the car a once over for peace of mind more than anything else.The engine still feels strong and sounds fine and it's only covered 20000 miles in total so should have some life left in it yet. The gearbox might need at look at soon tho as 1st to 2nd gear shifting sometimes just ends up hitting neutral.
CosKev3

posted on 9/1/16 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Is your gear change rod or cable operated?

Quite often it's just the linkages that need altering to stop you hitting neutral

polomouth

posted on 9/1/16 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
It's rod operated gears
SJ

posted on 9/1/16 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted a full screen and side screens and they are great. They need to go hand in hand though. A full screen on its own is next to useless. With both even motorway speeds are surprisingly civilised. Mine has Caterham screen. The next thing I need to sort is a heater of some kind.

Stu

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/1/16 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Errr... put it on slicks and take it to a track?
nick205

posted on 25/1/16 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Never fitted a full screen on my MK Indy, but I did find a difference with and without the small aeroscreen I fitted. More comfortable with it fitted, but the car (Pinto engined) did feel it was working a little harder with the screen fitted. In all though it was the fastest accelerating car I've owned so no real problems either way.

As mentioned on another post recently, I did wear a full face crash helmet when driving the car to protect my face from insects and stones. This also helped with wind noise and general civilisation levels in the car. I also totted a 2nd helmet around for passengers (none of whom complained about wearing one).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.