Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Soft bits for sevens
polomouth

posted on 12/1/16 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Soft bits for sevens

Afternoon people I've spent the last hour on soft bits for sevens website trying to work out how much it would cost me for a tonneu and a half hood as I'm thinking of fitting a full screen to my indyblade to make it more user friendly as I've decided to keep it. But there's very little on offer for the Indy apart from mini side doors. There's plenty of bits for caterhams, westfields, Robin Hood and tiger. Has anybody on here had any dealings with soft bits for sevens? It would be nice to be able to just buy the bits I'm after just off the shelf but it seems like that's not possible without it being bespoke and measured to size but then incurring extra costs.
anthony1

posted on 12/1/16 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Mk Indy Tonneau.....

I had the same problem for my Indy........Everything was miles away and needed to be made especially.......so that of course did not come cheap. I ended up making my own side screens , GRP and polycarbonate.....to match the mini windscreen that was fitted. The tonneau cover I have was modified from an Mg Midget version bought off ebay for £28.00. It then cost twice that for the tennax fasteners to attach it to the car.......there are some pictures in my photo archive.........
nick205

posted on 12/1/16 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I never had anything for my MK Indy, but damn did I get wet when it rained!

coozer

posted on 12/1/16 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I tried them a few years ago at Stoneleigh where they had a stand in the hall. Asking what car and replying MNR they cut me down and refused to come outside for a look...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

theprisioner

posted on 12/1/16 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I made a pattern and took lots of pictures. The took ages and multiple phone calls chasing them up but the final product was awesome, the best tonneau I have ever had. Sadly I no longer have the car.

http://westfieldbusa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/tonneau.html

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

kenton

posted on 12/1/16 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Give them a call,
yes they can be hard to pin down but well worth it in the end.
I've used them twice for my Viento. Tonneau, half doors, half hood, tunnel bag and they even made some "suitcase" type bags that fit behind my seats. I've tested it well over several European roadtrips and tens of thousand's of miles and its been faultless.
Not exactly local to you but if you dont mind leaving your car with them they will do a good job.
Kenton

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 12/1/16 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Have you thought about oxted trimmers ?
They're the guys who Caterham use to make their hoods, carpets etc.
You can use a windscreen from a Caterham S3 - I have one if you need one??
Oxted will then need your car to make a template.

This was one of the reasons I sold the MK and went to a Caterham. If you do get a good made, get a half hood rather than a full hood - they're much quicker to install and allow some noise out of the car when you travel a long way.

benchmark51

posted on 13/1/16 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I have one from Oxted trimmers, a mohair version. Had to bring the screen back abit and angle the rollbar forward to make it fit. suprisingly very little backdraught and noise level reduced a lot. Fitted a heater from T7 design so nice and toasty now! I'm after sidescreens and/or clamshell front wings. Anyone have any? Picture in archive.
StevieB

posted on 13/1/16 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
My Westfield was fully knitted out from Soft Bits and the quality was very good, as was the service.

In fact the orange Westfield on their website is my being fitted out. I had the split tonneau, half doors and tunnel bag as well as a boot cover.

polomouth

posted on 13/1/16 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I've just found a full wet weather set for a Westfield wideboy. Full screen, doors, tonneau cover and roof. Does anybody know if this would fit on my MK Indy?
Tazzzzman1

posted on 13/1/16 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I used them for my Roadrunner Sr2. I am the first one to have used a full screen, so no one had one made prior to me. Contacted Soft bits 4 7's and they were really helpful. They made a cracking job of my 1/2 roof which came with fastenings, weatherstrip and carry bag all for approx £250.00.
This included them sending me a pattern making kit (really easy to do/ use to gether with a few measurements) from that they made the roof to fit which I am really pleased with almost 2 years on.
They may take a bit of prodding to get things done (not the quickest in the world) but worth the wait IMHO

danny keenan

posted on 13/1/16 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
We are just in the process in making side doors for the Indy.we now have a heated screen as an option at the end of the month.
Please give me a call

Thanks Danny

james h

posted on 13/1/16 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Danny,

Any idea of cost for the side doors yet?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.