Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted... Kitchen cupboard doors
furryeggs

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted... Kitchen cupboard doors

I'm getting fed up with dust/paint mist covering everything in ny open cupboards in the garage so I'm after some doors. They don't have to match, i just need as many as possible any size (300 400 500 or 600). I need about 20, hinges not importsnt as i have plenty.

can travel to collect upto 40 miles of LE14

many thanks

jossey

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Go visit your local kitchen supplier I went to a local company and got loads of whole cupboards and doors and work top to use in my garage

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
furryeggs

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Done that, I got all the cupboards as part packs and missing bits from b&q, did a whole wall top and bottom plus a L shape island all for £100. I just didn't want to spend £100s on doors, everywhere local i've been wants stupid almost retail money.
Wadders

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I made my own, cut them from 2400 x 1200 x 18mm mdf sheet and then sprayed in 'snap on' red.
bought a cutter to drill the hinge pockets and made a throw away jig for the spacings.

nick205

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Get some plywood and make your own with some power tools.

Matth93

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Try your local Howdens the one by me is always throwing stuff out with little marks, I've even seen them loading up the bins with brand new still in boxes doors etc.
nick205

posted on 26/1/16 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matth93
Try your local Howdens the one by me is always throwing stuff out with little marks, I've even seen them loading up the bins with brand new still in boxes doors etc.

It's not a bad idea! I used MFI's free design service to plan my kitchen then bought it cheaper from Howdens. When I took a duff corner cupboard back to complain about it they smashed it up and gave me another one FoC. Decent guys they were, just there to earn a living.

I'd still favour buying some power tools and making some doors though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.