<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What Would You Buy - 4 Seater Convertible
smart51

posted on 28/1/16 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Something big and american?

We have a 2013 Mustang at work. 5l V8. Nice looking if that's your thing. Its the size of a Mondeo but the rear seats are tiny. It's all engine and boot.

It isn't insured for the road yet but I've driven it round the site. It's possible to push the accelerator to the floor and release it without affecting the road speed at all. The engine growls but the torque converter loses all that. Then the autobox decides to change down. Then when you lift off, the box changes up again. All without transmitting any increase in power as far as the rear wheels. The suspension's limitations are easily demonstrated at 20 MPH too.

steve m

posted on 28/1/16 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Triumph stag ?

4 proper seats, and a classic

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

perksy

posted on 28/1/16 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
As always some really good info there gents, Thanks for that

I will forward the info onto my mate and go from there

If I'm honest I think he is heading in the SAAB direction

cliftyhanger

posted on 29/1/16 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Something big and american?

We have a 2013 Mustang at work. 5l V8. Nice looking if that's your thing. Its the size of a Mondeo but the rear seats are tiny. It's all engine and boot.

It isn't insured for the road yet but I've driven it round the site. It's possible to push the accelerator to the floor and release it without affecting the road speed at all. The engine growls but the torque converter loses all that. Then the autobox decides to change down. Then when you lift off, the box changes up again. All without transmitting any increase in power as far as the rear wheels. The suspension's limitations are easily demonstrated at 20 MPH too.

Yep, but still waaaay cooler to be seen in than the usual stuff
I was going to suggest a stag, but 4k is less than half what would be needed....

swanny

posted on 29/1/16 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
mate has a saab 93 viggen for sale thats a cracking car.

i always fancied either a clk500 or an a4 v8.

may still scratch that itch one day.

ChrisW

posted on 29/1/16 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'd pick the A4 without a second thought. Would love an RS4 cab in the 'collection'. Sadly they are worth about 10x what I had to spend!

Eg this one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/rs4/2007-audi-rs4-4-2-cabriolet--only-64k-full-history--pristine-example-sat-nav--bose-sound-sys tem/4762408

It's over budget too, but I think an E46 M3 cab would be a good buy. You can get them under £10k and I'd bet they appreciate in value. I know it's more money but the cost of ownership sums might work once depreciation is taken into account?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pekwah1

posted on 2/2/16 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
BMW e46 3-series for me.

Slightly biased as i owned one (albeit the coupe).

Great car, great engine, and IMO, one of the few "regular" cars that genuinely looks good as a convertible!
Plus as others have mentioned, quite bulletproof, likely to keep their value if you make sure you get an m-sport model!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.