Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stuart taylor r1 for sale
craig5

posted on 30/1/16 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
stuart taylor r1 for sale

I am selling my 2001 Stuart Taylor R1 Kit Car the spec is as follows:-
2005 R1 injection engine (approx. 170bhp)
Sump baffle plate
New Yamaha clutch and new Barnett springs
Power commander 3
New Koso dash in 2013, just fully set up and double shielded revs so now work perfect as does speedo
Paddle shift gear change with HM Quick Shifter clutchless (UP shifts)
Quick release new suede steering wheel
Electric reverse just not fitted at moment
Quick rack
Bailey Morris propshaft
Independent rear suspension/disc brakes
Front tyres 2x13x7 Minilite Copies with Kuhmo K11 super soft 215-50-13 (a year old)
cosworth 7" 3.60 lsd just had new oil change
brand new carbon fibre aero screen
brand new digital gear indicator
had just fabricated all new front mudguard frames and fitted new track rod arms and will add brand new mot
from previous owner -I have owned the car for over six years and have developed it to the spec it is now as I use it for Hillclimbs in the South West. I won the 2013 Cornish Speed Championship with the car also I was 5th overall in the 2013 ASWMC Hillclimb Championship and 5th overall in the 2013 Wiscombe Hillclimb Championship. This is a very competitive and reliable car I have had many class wins with it and have also broken class records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K0g17OOTpYI

put alot of time amd money last few months so wanting as close to £6500

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

daniel mason

posted on 30/1/16 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Why you selling up?
craig5

posted on 30/1/16 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
house I've always wanted has gone on market
twybrow

posted on 30/1/16 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hijack, but what do you mean by double shielded revs? My Kosovan revs have always been all over the place, despite trying numerous pick up points. What worked for you?
craig5

posted on 30/1/16 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
It's not the pick up that causes the revs to bounce you need a twin cored protection around the wire from engine to koso unit
40inches

posted on 30/1/16 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig5
It's not the pick up that causes the revs to bounce you need a twin cored protection around the wire from engine to koso unit

Something like Communications Control Cable Foil & Braided Shielded LSF 2 Core 1 pair 9841 5m

daniel mason

posted on 30/1/16 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Rpm pickups are always best run on there own tied to a chassis rail somewhere.to stop any interference
twybrow

posted on 30/1/16 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is a really short run, using the ecu tacho output and shielded cable, although I don't think I connected a separate earth cable to the cable outer - is this where I went wrong? I was going to experiment with earthing and resistors, but just earthing the outer braid would be a lot simpler...
CosKev3

posted on 30/1/16 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Mine is a really short run, using the ecu tacho output and shielded cable, although I don't think I connected a separate earth cable to the cable outer - is this where I went wrong? I was going to experiment with earthing and resistors, but just earthing the outer braid would be a lot simpler...

Mine wouldn't work off the ECU feed on my R1 engine,had to wire it into the coil pack.

Digitalspeedos sell a small unit which they say stabilises revs for Koso's

twybrow

posted on 30/1/16 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

Mine wouldn't work off the ECU feed on my R1 engine,had to wire it into the coil pack.

Yeah, I have one of those. It made naff all difference. And I have tried it on the coils directly, and it was worse! I should stop posting as this is a for sale ad. Sorry to the op and glwts.

craig5

posted on 31/1/16 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:

Yeah, I have one of those. It made naff all difference. And I have tried it on the coils directly, and it was worse! I should stop posting as this is a for sale ad. Sorry to the op and glwts.

its fine mate if i get time will look see if ive got any spare shielding left if i have its youres

Matt230

posted on 1/2/16 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming not road legal?

Matt

craig5

posted on 1/2/16 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
???? It's got a mot

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.