Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: winter overhall
ianminki

posted on 3/2/16 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
winter overhall

hi all
as the little car as been sat in the garage all winter I have set about some small jobs that needed sorting and put in a little electric window screen demister as the screen mist's up when the hood is in use in the rain . I have also just ordered a sump baffle plate and clutch spring's from ab performance to add to my 893 fire blade engine . I have also done away with the m n r reverse box as all the trouble I had last year damaged the pinion bearing and oil seal in the diff housing ( no reverse now) and drive's much better . what ide like to know now is there anything more that need's adding to engine for the occasional track day I have never done one yet but ide like to try thanks ian

adithorp

posted on 3/2/16 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
You should be OK for track days with the sump baffle. Might be worth asking Andy (@ AB) if he thinks you need anything else. Oil temp and pressure gauges are nice to have but not essential.

Don't worry about not having the reverse. Lots of us live perfectly happily without... just be sure to remember when parking (you'll get used to spotting little slopes).

As you're in Scunny, Blyton is ideal for a first trackday as it's a great track for both beginners (having not a lot to hit) and well suited to BECs. Franks days there (see events page) would be perfect... Lots of LCB's there and not too many cars on track.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

LBMEFM

posted on 4/2/16 at 05:09 AM Reply With Quote
The only mod on my Fireblade engine is the baffle plate and it runs fine at the several track days I do every year.
What air filter do you use?

ianminki

posted on 7/2/16 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
good morning to you both
thanks for your reply's .I seam to be getting on ok with no reverse and like the running of the car better as most of the big vibration from the drive train has gone my only problem now is I do find it hard sometimes to push the car when I need to as I am only a little short arse and coming up to the big 60 in age lol.as for the air filter it is fitted with a pipercross type and the carb's jetted to suite the exhaust. I do have an oil pressure gauge fitted but not one for the oil temp. I have been over to Blyton park and have enjoyed looking at the cars and talking to some of you as I only live in Scunthorpe so not that far from me just that I am no mechanic rely so don't know all the in's and out's of kit car building .thanks regards ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.