Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Striker / Stuart Taylor?
Matt230

posted on 3/2/16 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Striker / Stuart Taylor?

Hi, i understand the history of the Phoenix to the Fury, however i am confused about the relationship between the 7 type cars. Is the Stuart Taylor an older Striker or not related at all?

Regards

Matt

jeffw

posted on 3/2/16 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Not related to the Striker at all.

nick205

posted on 3/2/16 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I understand the Stuart Taylor is not related to the Striker. I believe the Striker was a Jeremy Phillip's car and now owned by Raw Motorsport. I also believe the Stuart Taylor car was owned by someone else before.

loggyboy

posted on 3/2/16 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
I understand the Stuart Taylor is not related to the Striker. I believe the Striker was a Jeremy Phillip's car and now owned by Raw Motorsport. I also believe the Stuart Taylor car was owned by someone else before.

aries?

Mistral Motorsport

adithorp

posted on 3/2/16 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Not related t each other... but your confusion might arise from Stuart Taylor (I believe) at one time having the rights to the Phoenix (and producing with a round tube version of the chassis).

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

phelpsa

posted on 3/2/16 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

The Stuart Taylor Loco range started out as a slightly tweaked book Locost developed for the 750mc race series. It was then further tweaked to add bike engines and IRS. Steve Huckerby took over the rights in the mid 2000s, setting up Aries Motorsport. Aries has recently found new owners who plan to develop it further.

The St/Aries Loco is a slightly bigger car than the Striker.

[Edited on 3-2-16 by phelpsa]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Matt230

posted on 3/2/16 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the replies. Trying to understand how all the variants work out.

Sold my Caterham a few years back and shocked at the prices now I am back in the market. Therefore looking at BEC 7's or preferably a BEC Fury / Phoenix.

I had seen a few Stuart Taylor, Strikers, MK Indy's and was getting a little confused.

Matt

loggyboy

posted on 3/2/16 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Striker is quite distinctive, especially the classic with the triangular scuttle panel.
Key difference up close (and if you're 'wide' ) is the single plane sides, ie the cockpit and engine bay tapers in one, with no kink at the front of the cockpit like most 7/locosts do.
The car is small, but this makes the cockpit even narrower.

[Edited on 3-2-16 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

SPYDER

posted on 3/2/16 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
The Striker Mk4 and the Phoenix were one and the same. From the JPSC website...

"The Striker Mk4 became the Phoenix when Chris Appleby took over sales and marketing from his glass fibre production premises near Silverstone."

It passed into the hands of STM who then produced the round tube Phoenix. I have one of these cars.
The Phoenix ended up with RAW.
The Striker Mk4 went to Cyana Cars.

This convoluted family tree is discussed here...

CLICK HERE

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.