Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi 3.0 tdi V6 mmi oil level help
AndyW

posted on 23/2/16 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Audi 3.0 tdi V6 mmi oil level help

Hi

I have been to look at a friends car, audi 2009 3.0tdi v6. Being that it has no dipstick, I checked the mmi for oil level and the graph does not show anything. Strange thing is, that at no time has it said the oil is low. Is there anyone who has come across this or know if the system needs to be calibrated in anyway?

They are not using the car until sorted, they put in 1 litre of oil and apparently still shows nothing.

I have heard you need to run the engine first to get a reading but don't want to run it in case it really does have no oil.

Help please

Thanks

Andy

obfripper

posted on 23/2/16 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Run til warm, stop engine while parked on the level, wait 10 mins and then pop on ignition and wait until reading comes up on mmi.
I always find they can be tricky to give a reading after a service, is it saying oil level information currently unavailable?
There is a service dipstick available t40178, you need the depth setting to match your engine code as well.
The dipstick tube is shorter than manual dipstick models, so borrowing one is not an option.

Dave

jtskips

posted on 23/2/16 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
got a a4 3.0 tdi audi , had it 5 years , not usd a drop of oil , two freinds also have the same and dont burn oil ,and one of thems done 150,000 miles ,so i am hoping you freinds will be ok
AndyW

posted on 23/2/16 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
Run til warm, stop engine while parked on the level, wait 10 mins and then pop on ignition and wait until reading comes up on mmi.
I always find they can be tricky to give a reading after a service, is it saying oil level information currently unavailable?
There is a service dipstick available t40178, you need the depth setting to match your engine code as well.
The dipstick tube is shorter than manual dipstick models, so borrowing one is not an option.

Dave

Yes Dave all it says is oil level unavailable.

obfripper

posted on 23/2/16 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
As a rough guide, get a clean piece of wire 600mm long with a bend at one end so it cant be lost down the tube.
Dip it to the bend, and measure the length to the oil mark, 510mm should be midway on the oil level +/- 8mm.
If that seems ok run up til more than 60°c on coolant gauge and check with mmi as mentioned.

Dave

[Edited on 23/2/16 by obfripper]

britishtrident

posted on 24/2/16 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Sealey sell a dipstick for Audi servicing istr the number is VS600ED --- it is not vert expensive if you shop around the internet

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.