Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine Collection / Shipping
RoyM

posted on 27/2/16 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Engine Collection / Shipping

Thought I would post this as I struggled with some providers!

Pallet2 ship were terrible - every time you went through the booking there were a different set of conditions - after wasting a lot of time with them they eventually said they wouldn't collect from a private address

Paisley Freight - used them for wheels in the past and they've been good but quote for an engine was unrealistic so never went further

Speedshift - www.speedshift.co.uk - a breath of fresh air!! Happy to pick up unattended pallet, didn't want the wrap split so the driver could check there was no oil (actually treated me like an adult!), good communications and all worked well - they were also substantially the cheapest (Mine was transported approx 250 miles for £55 (with insurance) and the driver helped me lift it at this end! - saving me a minimum of £30 over the others)

I have no affiliation with any of these companies except as a satisfied customer of one.

Roy

LBMEFM

posted on 28/2/16 at 05:06 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, I recently saw an engine crane on e bay, collection only, at a
good price but the shipping cost made it far too expensive. I'll keep Speedshift
in mind when I next need to send/collect something.

[Edited on 28/2/16 by LBMEFM]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.