Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Small lathe job required
JSG89

posted on 8/3/16 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Small lathe job required

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any Locostbuilders could help me.

I am after a small job on lathe. I am upgrading the brakes on my motorbike but need to make some top hat spacers.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webzxr/zxr750r/Features/k1brakemods.html

Would anyone be able to help me?

Very willing to pay for time, material and postage etc.

Thanks in advance

Josh

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 8/3/16 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
pm sent

MikeRJ

posted on 8/3/16 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
Please don't tell me you are fitting Tokico 6 pots? They are horrendous things, most owners can't wait to ditch them.

Go for the Nissin calipers fitted to 929/954 Fireblades (and various other models), they are very rigid and give superb braking without having pistons seize up every other week like the Tokicos. These are frequently fitted by GSXR K1/K2 owners as a decent upgrade.

JSG89

posted on 9/3/16 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thank MikeRJ.

I am either going for a set of GSXR600 K2 callipers or Nissin calipers fitted to 929/954 Fireblades.

Just sourcing a set now.

Either way I go I believe I still need a spacer making to go from a M10 to an M8 .

From your experience MikeRJ would you go for the Fireblades over the GSXR600 K2 callipers callipers?

I've done my research on the 6 pots and peoples reports were not great!

Thanks!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 9/3/16 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have a set of Nissin 4-pot calipers from the front of the CBR600 F4 donor bike that I broke to make the single seater that are just sitting in a box.

They are the same as these ones:
HONDA CBR600 FX FY FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS 2000.

Not sure if they are what you want but if they are you can make me an offer.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MikeRJ

posted on 9/3/16 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
I would personally go for the Nissins, they are pretty much the best 4 pot calipers of the era (ignoring super expensive Brembo stuff etc.). I have them on my '99 Fireblade (standard fit) and the brakes are exceptional, as good or better then any of the early radial brakes.

I'm fairly sure the CBR600 calipers offered by Derek are the same as the 929/954 calipers, but in black rather than gold (98/99 Fireblade versions are silver).

The ZXR750 is a great bike, is yours early enough to have the "hoover pipes"? Do you have any pics?

BTW, if you like pads with lots of initial bite the Ferodo XRAC pads for these calipers are available very cheaply through M&P Honda CBR600RR CBR900RR 98-03 Front Disc FDB2114XRAC Ferodo Brake Pads.

I'd offer to turn up some bushes for you, but my ancient lathe is so worn out I stripped it down a few days ago ready for a major refurb.

[Edited on 9/3/16 by MikeRJ]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.