Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sorn to tax on May 1st(Sunday & bank holiday)
StrikerChris

posted on 20/4/16 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sorn to tax on May 1st(Sunday & bank holiday)

Can anyone else foresee problems getting their car taxed? Especially as I probably wont be able to insure it until payday (28th) or MOT it until the Saturday before!
I know 2 days wait isn't the end of the world but as I'm off work that weekend, if the weathers nice I'll be itching to go for a bank holiday blast!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 20/4/16 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Bought a used car recently and had to tax it before collecting it. IIRC we did it online (in this day and age) and it was painless. I can't see you having an issue taxing your car myself - more likely to have an issue getting an MoT slot booked I'd have thought.

StrikerChris

posted on 20/4/16 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ive taxed a lot online myself,I can get the MOT on the Saturday,my worry is the info etc getting through the computers over bankholiday.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 20/4/16 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StrikerChris
Ive taxed a lot online myself,I can get the MOT on the Saturday,my worry is the info etc getting through the computers over bankholiday.

Computers don't have a concept of bank holiday... it's just another day for them.

dinosaurjuice

posted on 20/4/16 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
I would recommend using the online service and printing out the conformation if using the vehicle the same day. (or screen shot on smart phone).

I got pulled over last year 4 hours after taxing by phone, and had no evidence that i had taxed the vehicle (police database is only updated a few times a day at best), fortunately the officer believed my 'story' and out of his kindness didn't cease the vehicle! lucky me!

adithorp

posted on 20/4/16 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
MOT will be on the system quicker than you can leave the station so that shouldn't be an issue.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

StrikerChris

posted on 20/4/16 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Tidy. It's obviously got better then from when I had my striker in a compound a couple of years ago!
Fingers crossed it passes the mot

LBMEFM

posted on 21/4/16 at 05:24 AM Reply With Quote
Stop worrying it won't be an issue, it's the bank holiday and the weather will be rubbish so you will not won't to go out anyway.

Sorry matey, I was a pessimistic there, but this is England

[Edited on 21/4/16 by LBMEFM]

jeffw

posted on 21/4/16 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
How are you getting it to the MoT test station if it is not insured?

nick205

posted on 21/4/16 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by StrikerChris

Computers don't have a concept of bank holiday... it's just another day for them.

Exactly - even the DVLA (who are an incompetent bunch at best) computers should do it quick as a flash and you should be fine. As suggested above it would be worth printing out the we page confirming you've done it and keep a copy on you or in the car in case the police pull you over.

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 21/4/16 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
I would def print it out if doing the same day.

IT departments sometimes take the longer weekends to do more major upgrades, which could cause syncing issues between different systems.

Also, you don't want to hear this but sometimes the MOT station's system is not working, I've been asked to come back tomorrow to pick up my MOT print out.... get something signed and stamped by the tester.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.