Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: An unexpected invoice, should I pay?
Andybarbet

posted on 25/4/16 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
What cliftyhanger said, I would expect the business or 'expert' to mention any cost up front.

They are doing this everyday, you probably aren't.

I would not expect to pay for a quote, whenever I get someone in to do building repairs etc at work, they always give a quote for free & presumably add the cost to come out & quote onto the actual job they are quoting for.

My brother in law is a seasoned builder & doesn't charge for a quotation.

I think this chap has been a bit out of order, he should have said something about an expected charge.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

gregs

posted on 25/4/16 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
Both the charge and the quote seem very reasonable.
If you put a car in for a diagnostic you pay for that even if it is beyond economic repair.
There is a difference from getting a quote and getting an expert to do a diagnosis.

+1

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 25/4/16 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
+2 but they should have told you there charges before hand as I would (I don't work for free ) .
owelly

posted on 25/4/16 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
How's abouts this:
You asked the first bloke to come round for an estimate to see if the pump was worth fixing. He then called for the second bloke. You didn't call for the second bloke so try that angle?!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 26/4/16 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
Sometimes you have to find or solve a problem BEFORE you can even guess at the final cost.

I had a bloke a while ago spend an hour and a half discussing a job, then went away to think about it.
Came back two weeks later and spent another hour with me. Finally decided what he wanted, then
asked how much to do the actual welding if he cut the material off ? I said that the welding would
take only an hour, but the job would take much longer.
He replied, "I only want to pay for the welding."

I didn't do the job and will not do jobs for him in the future. (Polite version)

Paul G

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.