Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hermes Parcels -- the word slow dosen't cover it.
britishtrident

posted on 5/5/16 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hermes Parcels -- the word slow dosen't cover it.

Over the past 12 months or so some sellers I buy from have started using Hermes Parcels the service is so slow it makes Royal Mail 2nd class look like the Mercedes F1 Team.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

loggyboy

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Never been fussed by the likes of hermes and yodels lack of speed, its the lack of professionalism and sheer terrible service that's always disappointed me.

Mistral Motorsport

hizzi

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
i actively avoid companies using hermes now, terrible service.
r1_pete

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'm surprised at those Hermes comments, I've had brilliant service.

On my P2G account I have a few pages of delivered within 3 days.

Last year I mis addressed a parcel, completely my fault, Hermes tracked it down for me, re addressed it and delivered.

I've had one parcel go missing, and that was to a travelling circus, yeah I should have known better, but they refunded...

Our Hermes Delivery lady is great, leaves things in secure places, or with neighbors if a sig is needed....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mash

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
I'm really surprised too. We live in the back of beyond, and SWMBO gets loads of stuff delivered by Hermes.

Our Hermes lady is also great, leaves parcels secure, and is extremely pleasing to the eye

Yodel, on the other hand, are pretty much useless. Often send us texts to say things have been delivered, and the haven't. Had a new laptop from Tescos last year, Yodel said it was delivered, I was in all day . Tescos eventually sent a new one via DPD, got here the following day.

hizzi

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
it must depend on the local operator, i ordered stuff from yorkshire and it took 7 days to arrive, currently waiting at day 6 for the replacement item for the damaged one
40inches

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Always had good service from Hermes, but it depends on the person delivering, parcels are delivered by a local person using their
own car, on a very low "wage".

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Its depends hugely on the delivery guy/gal. Our old Hermes fella would walk over hot coals to deliver the parcel; even going round sisters aunties brothers parents houses until he found someone to leave it with. The new guy is terrible and doesn't give two hoots whether you get your parcel at all.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

benchmark51

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
I had a delivery from Yodel while I was out. They left a card with a phone number and when I called it a woman answered,she asked If I was in now. I said yes and she said she wasn't far away and would be with me soon. Sure enough 15 minutes later I had my parcel!

DPD has a habit of texting a '1 hour delivery slot' then arriving within 5 minutes. So if your 10 minutes away, you get home to find a missed delivery card. Has happened several times now. Now I don't buy from anyone using DPD and make it clear before purchase.

owelly

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
My experiences of Hermes revolve around the individuals employed to deliver. There're four folks who deliver round here, and they're all from the same family! They've been doing it long enough to know the rural locations and have built up a network of regular clients in each village that seem to help when folks are out. Signing for stuff and knowing where to leave parcels etc. They even post their personal phone numbers on Facebook for folks to contact them if there's any problems.
However, I've had stuff go missing. The drivers have said stuff's being delivered when it hasn't. Getting a helpful person on the phone is pot-luck.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benchmark51
DPD has a habit of texting a '1 hour delivery slot' then arriving within 5 minutes. So if your 10 minutes away, you get home to find a missed delivery card. Has happened several times now. Now I don't buy from anyone using DPD and make it clear before purchase.

That's strange! I had a DPD delivery yesterday, he was 5 minutes early and had to wait on the door step for the correct time, before he could log in and sign the parcel off!

CosKev3

posted on 5/5/16 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hermes deliveries off company's seem to be very slow.

But I've sent a fair few things with Hermes over last couple of weeks collected from my door that have been delivered very fast

I always add on 'signature required' though for a little more peace of mind.

Sending parcels via Royal Mail is now a total rip off, go over 2kg and the best 'value' service they can offer is Parcel force for circa £12

hizzi

posted on 5/5/16 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
dpd are great round here our driver phil is spot on and i actively try and use him.
local posty is great too but parcelfarce is a joke, im waiting on yesterdays delivery still.

tr7v8

posted on 5/5/16 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Known in our house as "Herpes" for a reason. Ours is variable dependent on who is doing the deliveries that day.

Jim
2005 Porsche Cayenne S
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sold
2010 Maxda MX5 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S (now sold)
Light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.

David Jenkins

posted on 5/5/16 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Our local Hermes lady is fine - she always does a proper job when delivering parcels. Yodel are just a joke...

morcus

posted on 5/5/16 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't the company one of those things where technically the delivery people are subcontracted self employed people o they don't have to pay minimum wage?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

JoelP

posted on 5/5/16 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
We've had shocking service from Herpes. One guy was literally a thief. Claimed someone had answered mydoor and signed for it. Another guy was just sh1t, said he would only come round on an afternoon, wouldn't let me come to him, just didn't care if it arrived or not.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

coozer

posted on 6/5/16 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Our hermes lady is Ok.. ish.. Dont know why when I answer the door in my shorts looking like Im half dead I keep telling her to try the door and leave it in the porch cause Im working nights... She keeps forgetting.. DOH! Only thing lately I cant beleive is the V8 cam I bought from Summit in the states... Watched it travel across the states, over the pond, to the uk hub, up the country to the local shed... never to be seen again..

UKmail arrived Tuesday, got a email on the morning saying what time and the useless git turned up 15 minutes early!

Ive worked for a few of these outfits driving the overnight trunk from hub to depot and I often wonder how anybody gets their delivery...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Shooter63

posted on 6/5/16 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'll counter your Hermes with pallet2go, 6 days late on delivery and that's if it does turn up on Monday.

Shooter

ReMan

posted on 18/7/16 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
tick Tock
Just ordered a new window lifter for the Porsche and only now I got the shipped by HERMES.
I've sent eBay stuff myself using them as the price is right (even when signed for) but I'd hope that an ornament is not urgent!

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.