Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Requirements
Davies_85

posted on 19/5/16 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
IVA Requirements

Which IVA requirements book should i get and where from? anyone know of a PDF version?

i could really do with knowing, is there a requirement on the steel used? does it have to be CDS or seamless etc?
are there any requirements on the drive shafts? ie agricultural drive shafts use EN12965. is there a such requirement for use on road?

CosKev3

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure there is no requirement on either of those you mention.
adithorp

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
...and there's a sticky thread at the top of this section with links to the latest version pdf

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Davies_85

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
i tried to follow the link at top but it takes me to https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving and i cannot find anything about IVA, i see the link actually has a different address but even when i copy and paste to address bar it still takes me to that other section of the site.
Jamesc

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Latest IVA Manual on the gov.uk site:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/iva-manual-for-vehicle-c ategory-m1

Davies_85

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you very much
Davies_85

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
my vehicle is/will be a radically altered, previously unregistered vehicle. id presume itll fall under the amateur build?
should i leave the original chassis number of the unregistered vehicle or should i apply for a new vin?

loggyboy

posted on 19/5/16 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davies_85
i tried to follow the link at top but it takes me to https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving and i cannot find anything about IVA, i see the link actually has a different address but even when i copy and paste to address bar it still takes me to that other section of the site.

Go to the last post in the thread, thats the most up to date post.

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 19/5/16 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davies_85
my vehicle is/will be a radically altered, previously unregistered vehicle. id presume itll fall under the amateur build?
should i leave the original chassis number of the unregistered vehicle or should i apply for a new vin?

Radically altered vehicles are based on a registered vehicle so if yours is unregistered then the chassis number is no longer relevant and you will need to base it on being a kit built vehicle, and can get a new VIN issued by the DVLA before you go to IVA.
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/kitbuilt-vehicles.
If the Car has a VIN already, why was it not registered?

Mistral Motorsport

Davies_85

posted on 19/5/16 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
hi, thanks for your help.
the vehicle is a buggy, XYKD 260 chinese thing. it was just never registered when imported.

my intention is to put a CBR600 engine and brakes to it and a sierra diff, all of which i already have..
i did have a road legal xykd260 that i sent to an engineers to have this work done to it, id posted about this some time ago.. since the "engineer" cut the back end of my chassis off, cut track rod ends, wishbones, plasma cut drive shafts in half!, made a huge mess, then demanded money telling me of his plans for each thing, so i payed £300.. he then did nothing for 11month, then called me out of the blue to say he was shutting shop and i should collect my buggy within 24hours or he was goin to scrap it. so i collected that as a wrote off chassis in pieces, the jack ass had even used part of my roll cage frame to reinforce a wonky bench leg of his.
that tail was Ian Armitage Engineering in Shafton, Barnsley. hes since realised he's no engineer and opened a fibre glass company also in shafton.

so i then purchased this buggy i currently have off road from some kid on a farm in north yorkshire with its differential smashed in, thing must have had 5 hours use, still got all its nobbles on the tyres. but was left outside for a year before i got it so theres some structural stuff to cut out and redo, but im also sending a couples of tube the length of the chassis to hold the engine and diff then reinforcing outwards from them.

as its not new can i go down the route of a kit built car?

[Edited on 19/5/16 by Davies_85]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.