<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sylva Riot - Super Lap Scotland
Christof

posted on 19/12/17 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
looks fab
scootz

posted on 20/12/17 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Have always loved the 'purposefulness' of the Riot. It looks like it was designed to do just one thing - drive feckin fast!

I think if I was to build again, then it would be right up there on the pick-list. Either with CBR1000RR and chain drive, or a Sigma / Zetec-SE engine to keep it super-light.

It's Evolution Baby!

cosmicicecreamman

posted on 13/6/18 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
So...

A lot has been happening with the car... huge amounts of teething issues and with the car being a race car and not road legal it has taken a lot of every resource I have to get it to a point where it's running and reliable (fingers crossed).

It's Superlap Scotland rounds 2 & 3 this weekend so hopefully the Scottish weather stays on the favourable side of the kit cars and we have a reliable round - as always couldn't have made it this far without my brother there to help.

Hopefully be able to post up some good results and videos after the weekend.

Stephen

Riot garage
Riot garage

Paul A

posted on 13/6/18 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one, good to see it evolving and hopefully it will do the business in competition, good luck

Paul A

cosmicicecreamman

posted on 24/4/19 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Been a while since my last post...

Competed in the first round of Super Lap Scotland on Sunday. Super Lap Scotland is a series based on power to weight which consists of warm up and practice sessions, with a 15min qualifying and a final single lap shoot out.

Firstly, I have to thank my brother Matt Henderson for his continuous support with car preparation and track support.

Warm up / practice
With the Riot having corner entry oversteer and mid corner understeer I was very happy to finish the session with a 56.8sec lap, my quickest official time round Knockhill

Qualifying
With a time differential of up to 15sec per lap between cars, I knew the issue for qualifying would be getting clear track for flying laps. With only a 57.1sec lap on the timer and ultimately a driver talent failure, with the session ending with me in the gravel at the exit of Clark’s, I was over the moon to be 2nd, albeit 1.2sec behind 1st place.

Final
The final started off well with but unfortunately ended with a 360° spin on the exit of the chicane.

Pretty chuffed after all the reliability issues we’ve had, and after almost two years of driving the car competitively, to have gotten 2nd in qualifying was amazing!!! Gutted that I spun in the final...

I’ve got over a second to find and hopefully once we get the handling issues sorted out we can make our way into the 55sec laps.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]< br />

[img][/img][ b]Warm up / practice

peter030371

posted on 24/4/19 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Great update and in the second picture you are certainly 'exploring the track limits'
jeffw

posted on 24/4/19 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cosmicicecreamman
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
Nice exhaust solution too...why have I not seen this before?

My brother and I made the exhaust in this style to counterbalance the weight of the engine and driver instead of having it hanging out the back.

I got pulled up at the last round and told to change it for next time as it is not compliant with the MSA blue book which states, 'all exhaust outlets terminating behind the mid-point of the wheelbase of the vehicle'.

I was just about to say the same thing lol

callumN

posted on 8/5/19 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car and thanks for sharing progress. Where did you get your cage done and is it MSA compliant? I’m looking to fit one to my riot and any recommendations would be welcome
cosmicicecreamman

posted on 8/5/19 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by callumN
Nice car and thanks for sharing progress. Where did you get your cage done and is it MSA compliant? I’m looking to fit one to my riot and any recommendations would be welcome

Cheers Callum,

The cage is MSA compliant, my brother and I made the front half, the rear half came with the car - my brother is a custom cage certified installer.

I go to Knockhill regularly if you want to come along and see the car?

Steve

callumN

posted on 9/5/19 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Will do thanks, I’m just 5 mins from circuit. I’ll come along to next SLS on 15th June or let me know if you will be there before then.

Cheers

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.