a check at
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

confirms it is registered correctly, - always a goooood start

Registration number: Q119 PBA
✓ Taxed

Tax due: 01 May 2017
✓ MOT

Expires: 25 November 2016

If you have just purchased this vehicle, you must tax it even if it shows as taxed above. Vehicle tax cannot be transferred from keeper to keeper.

If you have taxed, made a SORN or had an MOT it can take up to 5 days for these details to be shown above.

You can check with your bank/building society to confirm your payment was successful.
Vehicle details

Vehicle make LOCOST SEVEN
Date of first registration 01 November 2009
Year of manufacture 2009
Cylinder capacity (cc) 893cc
CO₂Emissions Not available
Fuel type PETROL
Export marker No
Vehicle status Tax not due
Vehicle colour ORANGE
Vehicle type approval Not available
Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight Not available

russbost

posted on 22/6/16 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
I would say (obviously depending on condition) that it looks cheap for anything bike engined. However, that said the engine is the early blade lump & as such is likely to be the weak link in the chain. that engine has lower power & lower torque than all the later (& larger capacity) blade engines I believe. I have absolutely no idea how interchangeable the later engines are with that early engine.

The car itself has some nice bits of kit & a decent set of wheels & tyres which is all good for the price, it probably all comes down to how comfortable you would be with that engine? Have you driven a bike engined car? Have you driven an early blade bike engined car (probably much more significant). If you don't like the engine, it's still saleable at around £4 -500, so what would it cost/how difficult would it be to put one of the later & better engines in, the recent CBR1000 is a whole different animal & much better, but also a LOT more expensive - you pays yer money & you makes yer choice!

Just my two pennorth! Good luck either way!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.