Author: Subject: EU Referendum II
Cubby

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
EU Referendum II

Help get EU referendum II

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

joneh

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
There should be another vote especially after the leave campaign have already backed out of several key pledges.
femster87

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Waste of time
theconrodkid

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
what if the brexit win with a turnout of 85 %,would they call for another one till they get the "right" result like they did in Ireland ?.
if you win a race by 1 inch or 1 mile,you have still won.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bi22le

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah thats sensible, create more instability and unknowns.

What is wanted from pt2? The same decision but a bigger majority or a remain vote pushing it to a 3rd tie breaker?!

We are out. Now its time to pull our socks up and get on with proving to the world that the reason we are who we are is because we are ALL british and great and contributing to the world. We have more wit and forward thinking than any other country in the world.

Dont look back, the decision has been made.

By the way, I voted out but would of been happy either way. I was not tricked by lies. My reasons are mainly to prevent us being pushed down a route not appropriate for the UK and to make our country morw dynamic and accountable. We are unlike anyother country in the EU yet are being treated the same.

I am also very likely to be personally affected as I work for the design centre of an international company, my wife works in London, designing its future buildings and akyline. . . .

[Edited on 25/6/16 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

chillis

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
There should be another vote especially after the leave campaign have already backed out of several key pledges.

The sheeple voted to leave, even if they now begin to realise they've fallen for the oldest trick in the book. Time to suck it up and live with the consequences.

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

phelpsa

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
what if the brexit win with a turnout of 85 %,would they call for another one till they get the "right" result like they did in Ireland ?.
if you win a race by 1 inch or 1 mile,you have still won.

This isn't a competition though, it's about making a decision based on the facts. Of which most prior to the referendum (on both sides of the argument) were exaggerated, sensationalised or just outright fairytales. As the real consequences start to unravel opinions could change drastically (in either direction). What really needs to change is the approach of political environment from 'what can we do to win' to 'what is in the best interests of our country / continent / planet'.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Shock horror... politicians tell lies. Who'd have thought it?
Just because you don't get the result you want it doesn't mean you get a do-over.
The public has been calling for an EU referendum for years, not just in this last government.
There has been a referendum with a massive turn out.
Although very close, there has been a majority.
What on earth is there a need for another vote for?
And why should the second one count more than the first.
How about best of 3?

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

coozer

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Its a one sided call for another vote by the remainers.

We've had the vote and gone down the right path!

We had an online petition to stop the massive foreign aid budget but that was ignored!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Slimy38

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Why limit it to the leave campaign? As far as I can tell every elected government does exactly the same thing!!

phelpsa

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Its a one sided call for another vote by the remainers.

We've had the vote and gone down the right path!

We had an online petition to stop the massive foreign aid budget but that was ignored!

Ignored because it was stupid and petty?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:

Why limit it to the leave campaign? As far as I can tell every elected government does exactly the same thing!!

Not limited to the leave campaign, they're all the same. The uneducated, nationalists and old have just handed complete power to a bunch of lying bankers.

benchmark51

posted on 25/6/16 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Decision was made and should stand. Or is someone going to start a petition against the petition.
The time is right to forget division within our ranks and work together and show how Britain can get things right.

mark chandler

posted on 25/6/16 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
As Cameron said, it's a referendum not a neverendum, get over it!
jeffw

posted on 25/6/16 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Not limited to the leave campaign, they're all the same. The uneducated, nationalists and old have just handed complete power to a bunch of lying bankers.

Must be a very strange place you inhabit with that world view. So, to paraphrase, anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid, a racist and old and now the bankers are in charge (who lie)

Well as an Old Stupid Racist (allegedly on the last two) I can tell you this is the last thing the 'lying bankers' wanted.

theconrodkid

posted on 25/6/16 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:Originally posted by joneh

Must be a very strange place you inhabit with that world view. So, to paraphrase, anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid, a racist and old and now the bankers are in charge (who lie)

Well as an Old Stupid Racist (allegedly on the last two) I can tell you this is the last thing the 'lying bankers' wanted.

being old like me means we are worldly wise,un-educated ? ,like the majority of this world,i didnt go to uni but have a lot more common sense that the snowflake generation of unibods of today,as for being racist,my EX is a truley united nation of African,Indian,Chinese and irish descent and my current GF is Polish....do your comments relate to me as well ?.
the ones that could see through the EU voted out,we won,end of.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

joneh

posted on 25/6/16 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

Firstly, I didn't say racist but if you choose to label yourself as such, I won't argue. People are fine to have their point of view and I haven't said that everyone who voted leave falls into this category. These three categoties undoubtedly formed the majority of the leave vote.

I also didn't say the bankers wanted that. My point is more that there isn't currently a party leader who I'd want to hand total control over this country.

StevieB

posted on 25/6/16 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chillis

The sheeple voted to leave, even if they now begin to realise they've fallen for the oldest trick in the book. Time to suck it up and live with the consequences.

I quite agree. I was a Remain voter personally.

I'm disappointed with the result but not going to dwell on it - it is what it is and we as a nation now have to make it work rather than spend more time falling out about it.

My concern was the reason for people's voting - immigration dominated the day where I think people are biased and misinformed about what more was actually at stake. I was also concerned that one particular person interviewed stated his reason for voting leave was, well, he's never not been part of EU so might as well see what that's like.

Ultimately, if the EU hasn't been working for us in the way it should have been (and I think we can all agree improvements were needed no matter what your stance on their referendum) then maybe we do need a change. If you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results - trying something different will certainly bring different results (for better or worse).

We now need to accept where we are, face up to it and make it a worthwhile change for the better.

I voted Remain, but I won't sign the petition - this is democracy at work and sometimes you're not on the winning side, but it is the flip side of the freedoms that we enjoy. But that only works as long as we can't go around having do-overs for every referendum that doesn't suit people...

britishtrident

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
As Emile Zola put over 100 years ago
" The public was astounded; rumors flew of the most horrible acts, the most monstrous deceptions, lies that were an affront to our history. The public, naturally, was taken in. No punishment could be too harsh. The people clamored for the traitor to be publicly stripped of his rank and demanded to see him writhing with remorse on his rock of infamy. Could these things be true, these unspeakable acts, these deeds so dangerous that they must be carefully hidden behind closed doors to keep Europe from going up in flames?

[Edited on 25/6/16 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

sonic

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think it was the right decision, my only concern is that nobody seems to be jumping up from the leave camp to grasp the nettle and take the lead.

Boris has buried his head and everybody else has gone quiet, I would have thought the leave squad would have had a plan and be delivering it confidently, the country needs a voice to lead them now.

It would be like me going to my MD and thumping the desk saying we should do this and that, he then gives me the green light and I go quiet and have no plan to deliver.

I also think Cameron is sulking, at the end of the day he and his party were elected to serve the people in a democratic way, just because he didn't win he has took his bat and ball home, he would have had more credibility if he had said he doesn't agree with the decision but he is a public servant and will do everything in his power to lead the UK to be the great country it is and can be.

Whoever does take the mantle will make a great name for them selves if they get it right.

onenastyviper

posted on 25/6/16 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
I think it was the right decision, my only concern is that nobody seems to be jumping up from the leave camp to grasp the nettle and take the lead.

Boris has buried his head and everybody else has gone quiet, I would have thought the leave squad would have had a plan and be delivering it confidently, the country needs a voice to lead them now.

It would be like me going to my MD and thumping the desk saying we should do this and that, he then gives me the green light and I go quiet and have no plan to deliver.

I also think Cameron is sulking, at the end of the day he and his party were elected to serve the people in a democratic way, just because he didn't win he has took his bat and ball home, he would have had more credibility if he had said he doesn't agree with the decision but he is a public servant and will do everything in his power to lead the UK to be the great country it is and can be.

Whoever does take the mantle will make a great name for them selves if they get it right.

Perhaps the reason so many have gone to ground is because neither side expected the result.
Remain probably expected it to be close but that they would win as people (generally) like stability and whilst not perfect, it was stable.
Leave probably expected to loose a close race and use it to justify a new era of eurosceptiscm and calls for EU reform etc. etc. etc.

We now have the worst possible scenario - no-one knows how to go forwards nor what the result will be - it has never been done before.

All those calling for us to be "Great" again seem to forget that we are now a small player in a very large globalised world with a very imbalanced economy.

Yes, we have "skills" but we also have skills shortages and years of evidence of these "skills" simply getting up and leaving to more appealing climates and this has the potential to put a lot of people and their livelihoods at risk and no aspect of "making Britain great again" makes up for not being able to feed your family.

Personally speaking, I really hope that all the parties involved (winning or loosing) are spending the next hours and days carefully considering their positions because their approach to what happens next may mean the difference between us being able to feed our families or standing outside food banks/soup kitchens.

No-one is celebrating or cherishing this outcome.

"If I knew what I was doing then it wouldn't be called research would it?...duh!"

ali f27

posted on 25/6/16 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic

ali f27

posted on 25/6/16 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Far from sulking the conservative grandees still run the show and cameron would be told he had to go they are about to put Boris in as their puppet .I hope that somebody starts to calm things down before people get hurt I looked at the front page of the sun today and one of the storys read Nichola Sturgeon planning to blow up uk this kind of trouble making has to stop before it gets hold there have been a lot of nutters brought out of the wood work lets not play into their hands.
britishtrident

posted on 25/6/16 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
No serious politician on either side wants to sort out the mess, anybody who eventually gets the job will just get blamed for all the tough decisions that throw people out of work and reduce pensions. Nobody will seriously trust Boris, most of the other tories prominent on the exit side are tarnished in some way or are so far to the right they make the late General Franco look like a moderate.
All the while a self-important perma-tanned spiv looking increasingly like Oswald Mosley holds court adoring the attention .

In Europe they are really scared not least because increasingly vocal extreme right will demand the same in a dozen countries so the Euros are playing hard ball, but watch this space they may come back with with some sort of comprimise a special associate member offer.

Now Wee Nicola looking like a younger version of Angela Merkel steps up to the plate, significantly now with the support of Scottish Lib-Dems and makes moves protect her nations' place in the EU until she can hold another Scottish referendum. If a Scottish referendum is held Scotland will choose the EU over an increasingly inward looking and right wing England.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Johneturbo

posted on 25/6/16 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger, i didn't win the lottery, can we have a re-draw untill i win
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.