Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Little blat today
Adamirish

posted on 6/8/16 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Little blat today

I had a quick search but couldn't find a thread sharing each others nice drives so thought it maybe an idea to start one. I often look at threads to give me the urge to dig my kit out and go for a drive, perhaps this thread will do the same for others.

Today the sun was shining so me and my friend mark decided to go for a rip over to Aberystwyth. About 80miles of A roads from where I live. Mainly the A44 from Kington all the way to Aberystwyth. A great road, with some epic, racetrack like switchbacks, hairpins and fast sweeping bends. Traffic isn't too bad even on a day like today.

First port of call was head into Leominster to pick up mark(he is currently saving to buy a kit) then head to Crossgates for breakfast. A huge fry up and a drink for £6.50 Highly recommended if you are hungry. The petrol station by the roundabout, known as a bikers meeting point. As I'm an ex biker I though it was my right to get involved!

A lot of interest in the car, friendly people, good breakfast, hard to beat!

Then carry on the A44 through Rhayader, llangurig and onto Aberystwyth. Made a lot of racket on the seafront, not intentional, the car is just loud! Again, loads of waves from kids, lots of pointing, questions, photos and smiling. A girl even asked me to take her for a spin! I love this car more and more. no sooner had I walked away from the car, a chap decided he wanted a selfie with it. Kids these days!

Had a wander around, an ice cream and a drink on the pier. We even made a new friend.

A salsa band were doing a bit of music on the promenade too which was good fun.

The cloud started to roll in so we decided to hit the road. Only after we had to run around at 4.50pm trying to find mark a fleece. He didn't realise how cold an aeroscreened kit will get on a sub 30deg day!

A good play with a young oik in a civic type r on the way back. We stopped at Crossgates again for a quick drink, the civic pulls in and stopped for a chat. "What engine has that got mate?" Just an old 70's ford engine I reply, "How much power has that got mate" 140bhp I say. "Aww I'd have it on the straights then, mines got 200bhp." "It's f@cking fast through the corners though"(where is the rolling eyes smiley when you need it?) I tell him, I wasn't really trying much to be honest. Lots of wheel spinning and limiter bashing from the civic on the exit from the forecourt. That made me chuckle!

A swift drive home from there. It's days like today, with that car, make so much sense! Many times I've thought I'm fed up with it, I'm going to sell it though after the money, and time I have put into making it right makes it all worthwhile!

So where have you been today?

Just to add, it's not a competition, even if you took the long way round to get a pint of milk, share it with us!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

coozer

posted on 6/8/16 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Nice read and good pics there mate. Nice to see you had a good day🆒

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Adamirish

posted on 6/8/16 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thankyou. Yes, it was a great day. We were talking over dinner saying there is nothing you can buy for the same kind of money that will give you so many smiles per mile! I really can't understand why there aren't more on the road to be honest.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

AdrianH

posted on 6/8/16 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Good read.

Was out today as well and I was surprised I did not see any others.

Was only a small run around Skipton, Keighley, Colne and home. Perhaps will spot other when out again in the morning..

It is fun when the weather is good, I tend to sight see, take a few pics, do some of the minor roads, slow and steady so to speak.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

sprintB+

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
great stuff, me? I was welding up a different prop. MT75 and type 9 are not interchangable
trextr7monkey

posted on 7/8/16 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
We had some time near Welshpool recently just to drive some of the roads used for testing the old Triumphs. Superb!
We picked up our old Jago last Monday and drove from Rawtenstall to Settle then up the A6 from kendal. Today just had a hoon around the lanes locally in the northern fells. Difficult to justify having 3 spare cars but as you point out for the money in in involved it's a no brainer!

[img]http:// [/img]

[Edited on 7/8/16 by trextr7monkey]

[Edited on 7/8/16 by trextr7monkey]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

AdrianH

posted on 7/8/16 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Went up to Walney island, just because I had not been before, then over and through Coniston, Ableside, Windermere, down to the M6 across to Devils bridge for an ice cream, then back through High Bentham, over the tops to Clitheroe and home.

Few pics from DB
DB1
DB1

DB2
DB2

DB3
DB3

Collection going on for Air ambulance, good cause.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

sonic

posted on 7/8/16 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Its funny you should say about how much attention you get with these cars

Me and a mate went for a ride on Thursday night to a McD's about 10 miles away at Shiptonthorpe, as soon as I got out of the car a chap came up asking all about it and saying he loved it, then two of his mate came over admiring it. 30 mins later we finally got in for a tea and sat outside looking across the car park, I say at least 20 people looking around it and taking pictures then a women came out of the door with her son and asked was it mine and could she go and have a look at it.

I said to my mate I bet there aren't many cars you can buy for this money that draws so much attention, we started thinking what would, apart from Lambo's Ferrari's and the like I bet there isn't much.

Mick

Adamirish

posted on 7/8/16 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Great stories and pics guys, keep them coming! I love reading of other people's adventures.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Adamirish

posted on 7/8/16 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
Its funny you should say about how much attention you get with these cars

Me and a mate went for a ride on Thursday night to a McD's about 10 miles away at Shiptonthorpe, as soon as I got out of the car a chap came up asking all about it and saying he loved it, then two of his mate came over admiring it. 30 mins later we finally got in for a tea and sat outside looking across the car park, I say at least 20 people looking around it and taking pictures then a women came out of the door with her son and asked was it mine and could she go and have a look at it.

I said to my mate I bet there aren't many cars you can buy for this money that draws so much attention, we started thinking what would, apart from Lambo's Ferrari's and the like I bet there isn't much.

Mick

It's amazing isn't it. There is nothing really this side of 6 figures that will draw the same amount of interest. All of it good though in my experience. None of this rich knob type of thing the super car drivers seem to attract. Even filling up with petrol, 9 times out of 10 someone will come and chat.

I am also surprised, unlike Adrian above, I have never once seen another kit while I've been in mine.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

CosKev3

posted on 7/8/16 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Aber earlier in the year,awesome roads

Description
Description

Have you ever gone over the tops from Mach to Llanidloes?

Awesome scenery and a really good road for our cars

[Edited on 7/8/16 by CosKev3]

CosKev3

posted on 7/8/16 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
This is Llyn Clewedog on the road over to Llanidloes

Description
Description

emlyno

posted on 7/8/16 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Was out yesterday in the Gemini. New Quay - Lampeter - Llandovery ( 50 limit most of the way but with some of the bends you would struggle to get near that) Back home via Camarthen. Great roads, fairly quiet, quite warm.
Try the Devils Bridge Aberystwyth road instead of the A44, quieter and much more twisty with a good surface.

sonic

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
[pg]114984[/pg

I went out for a paper to the garage earlier, it only took me an hour!. spoke to two guys outside the garage and the girl behind the counter who said she would love one for her hubby.

I think we forget sometimes we are lucky to be able to have / afford such a toy

Mick

Matth93

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I went out for a run with Southern kitcar club 12 of us 90 miles from wrotham to hythe for breakfast we had a couple of issues between us but nothing we couldn't cope with, we even managed to bodge a broken wishbone so it could be driven home.
Adamirish

posted on 7/8/16 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Coskev, I have never done that road to be honest. A biker friend keeps telling my how good it is so I must make the effort and do it. Cheers for the tip!

Emlyno, I have done Devils bridge on a bike on the way back from aber years ago though if I remember rightly, I ended up on a virtually single track road with grass growing up the middle! My navigation skills are, err, questionable! it was at night though. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Sonic, that is very true. We are lucky! I am always quite happy to take people for a spin, I think everyone should experience it once in their lives. There isn't really another car with the raw experience of a seven!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

rm0rgan

posted on 13/8/16 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Adamirish - should have given me a PM, I'm only in Ross and often head out over the hills...I generally head up to Brecon stopping off at the Honey Cafe for breakfast!

Description
Description

Always up a for a blast when it's nice! :-)

Sigs are uncool.

Adamirish

posted on 14/8/16 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rm0rgan
Adamirish - should have given me a PM, I'm only in Ross and often head out over the hills...I generally head up to Brecon stopping off at the Honey Cafe for breakfast!

Description
Description

Always up a for a blast when it's nice! :-)

That's cool! We will have to meet up and go for a blat and breakfast. I'm keen to find some more decent roads to play on. Let's just hope the weather stays good for a while yet!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.