Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 23 chassis
CD-5

posted on 1/1/05 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
23 chassis

Hi to all happy new year!

I'm a newbie here ...but reading for month now every one are verry helpful it is nice! I'm planning to build a BEC 23 replica . But here in in Canada or every where i searched ;i found nothing precise for the chassis building ? anyone here has more info on the 23 chassis/suspension so i can build one..

maybe ratman or sean951 can help!

Thank'a alot for the comments.

Hugh Paterson

posted on 1/1/05 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Here in the UK I suspect that Len Shelby sells replica parts and possibly a chassis for 23's. In the States the best know samples inclucing BEC are built by Xanthos (www.xanthos.com) but a mite expensive I suspect, you can only ask but doubt they would be willing to divulge or sells plans for the chassis

[Edited on 1/1/05 by Hugh Paterson]

CD-5

posted on 2/1/05 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I have seen the Xantos interesting but not very locost... i have been hoping finding someone already knowing the spec or having access to a 23... the information that i have are taken from pictures but they are not verry precise....

[Edited on 2/1/05 by CD-5]

sean951

posted on 4/1/05 at 01:38 AM Reply With Quote
i have access to a 23, what do you need.....measurements, pictures? by the way, i think a bike powered 23 replica would be a very cool machine.
CD-5

posted on 4/1/05 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Sean!

Most of the measurement i have came from pictures. The front part of the chassis seems ok but need verifications. The rear is not done properly, the pictures i have (from magasine and the net) didn't give enough precision. And for the suspension nothing worth thalking no pictures from the top availables. Idealy, the mission is if you accept it is. Map the chassis and suspension. Or the easyest takes as much pictures from all sides with a rules so i can derivate the mesurements. so as you wish! and for the others To anyone needing 23 chassis info. i'm going to put them on the web anyway. if sean is ok with that!

Thank's!

sean951

posted on 5/1/05 at 01:57 AM Reply With Quote
ill see what i can do, ill have to make sure the owner of the vehicle is ok with it. i am sopposed to be going to his garage within the next few weeks anyway. for the time being, i put up all the pics i have of that particular 23 c on the mentioned site ...i know it most likely will not help with your chassis build, just thought you might enjoy them.
here

CD-5

posted on 5/1/05 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Merci! Sean, i very much enjoy them. for the chassis i only need references on pictures to get in the right dimensions. but the hardest part is the suspension dimensions and pickup point. A built chassis is not cheap 3-4k UK pound.
CD-5

posted on 6/1/05 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
My search are progressing

I found a 23 owner who has the original drawings. and willing to give copy of it. Now i have to ask if i can get a copy for free.. But I think i'm going to have to pay to get them. i'll see.

I also got drawing of the rear part of the chassis and read bulkhead with tube OD. only needing tube leight. (sean) if anyone want this drawing just ask !

fia289

posted on 6/1/05 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there, CD-5 check your U2U messages,

I have a few questions since, I find this interesting as a next project. What are you planing to use as uprights ? Do you have a source for bodies in Canada ?

Fred

CD-5

posted on 6/1/05 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
For the body i got a source in the US this source sell to genuine Lotus owner most part are available from him (not Xantos). but in canada donno yet still searching.

But i plan to make my own body a little bit different to pass the registration process.

For the uprights i'm not sure .... maybe i'm going to have new casting done. i have acess to a molding facilities and i'm working for a company who make heat treatement for Bombardier.. so many possibilities. Westfeild look good but not cheap...
U2U send

kb58

posted on 7/1/05 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto, CD-5, check your U2U messages...

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.