Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RX8 V6 Conversion For Sale
KFC

posted on 14/1/17 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
RX8 V6 Conversion For Sale

This project has been a real joy, countless hours and many tears and sweat getting this beauty right!
Sensible offers please as you can imagine how much money was spent on parts and machining.
This would suit someone that wants to do a V6 conversion and not do all the work.

-The V6 has come from a MX6, 2.5L.
-Dyno at Jam Sport with huge torque and power.
-It has 6 throttle bodies with carbon trumpets.
-Stainless exhaust from the heads to bumper.
-BMW M3 drive-by-wire for the throttle.
-Powder coated cam covers and sump.
-Carbon affect on the front cam belt covers, and other plastics under the bonnet
-All pipework and exposed aluminium has been nickel plated.
-PZ powder coated wheels and springs
-Calipers were sand blasted and completely rebuilt, painted, new discs and pads.
-Single are wiper blade mechanism from Peugeot 107
-The car has 47k miles and the engine is about 100k miles, If you wanted the engine rebuilt to suit a turbo, it's what I do for a living and can rebuild it for a sensible price.

The lack of grill in the bumper has been fitted since I took this photo and the wash jets are fitted.
It is fun to drive and sounds great! I feel its what Mazda should have done as an option.

It does pain me to sell the car but my plans have changed and I can't take it with me.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[Edited on 14/1/17 by KFC]

[Edited on 15/1/17 by KFC]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

james h

posted on 14/1/17 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hey, just curious as to how much power the engine puts out in your setup?

Thanks

James

KFC

posted on 14/1/17 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
I've just added the dyno run sheet.
computid

posted on 15/1/17 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a price in mind?

Cheers!

Fandango

posted on 15/1/17 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
What a great idea.

I have owned 2 RX8s, great fun car, but I always felt I was sitting on a time bomb, regarding the engine longevity.

I have also owned an MX6, a lovely, sweet V6 motor, but the car as a whole ruined by truly awful handling.

Curious to see the price of this.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson

KFC

posted on 15/1/17 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I was on target with my budget till I sent the car to Jamsport, they said it would be about a grand to connect all the wiring and set it up and dyno it but that was way off.. I really hurt how much they charged me but it is right and everything works as it should.
I would be more than happy to get 6k for it, like I said, I was open to offers but no one wanted to try, 😉. A good RX8 with low miles from a fresh rebuild is about 3k but obviously that's a dull boring sounding rotary.
I had to design and fabricate everything around the engine to make it fit, I have tons of photos that I took during the design stage and build. Jamsport said it's one of the best they've seen, I kind of felt like saying, I hope so, not to sound big headed but I built race cars for 12 years wich included 20 F1 chassis. 😏

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.