Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aston Martin Factory Tour
perksy

posted on 1/2/17 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Aston Martin Factory Tour

Tour of the Aston Martin factory at Gaydon is on mine and Mrs P's bucket list

She has a big thing about Aston's and always wants me to dress up as James Bond

Research show's you need to get an invite through a dealer of perhaps get a place through the owners club
I saw that an auction for a group of 6 for a tour went for 2 grand

I've found a couple of internal email contacts, but sadly they seem to refer back to dealer

Has anybody managed to wangle a place on a tour of the factory ?

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody know somebody who might be able to help ?

Thanks

slingshot2000

posted on 1/2/17 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
A visit to their traditional home at in Newport Pagnell would be much more interesting; all traditional builds, rebuilds and restorations. All you will see at Gaydon is a modern car factory; except it will be building Astons.

A student member of a local IMECHE group should be able to organise a group visit to Gaydon, but I doubt they will want everyone to dress in black tie .

mark chandler

posted on 1/2/17 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
£40 to you sir

https://www.amoc.org/events/factory-tour--48

I,m in the owners club so if yiu have a problem let me know and I can ask someone

Regards Mark

[Edited on 1/2/17 by mark chandler]

Toys2

posted on 2/2/17 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I can't help, but I can make you jealous!

I have a couple of friends who used to be designers there. I was working nearby so phoned them asking if they wanted to meet up for lunch

They couldn't get out, but signed me in as a supplier, I had lunch with them in their canteen and then one of them gave me a personal tour around the DB9 line, lets just say that it was a long lunch break for me!

I've since moved out of the area, I'll always remember them popping around now and again with a car that they'd borrowed for evaluation. I had a ride in a 9 before it was released. I live up in Cumbria now, one of them nipped up in a prototype DBS, it sat on my drive for 3 days doing nothing while we were out walking

perksy

posted on 2/2/17 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
£40 to you sir

https://www.amoc.org/events/factory-tour--48

I,m in the owners club so if yiu have a problem let me know and I can ask someone

Regards Mark

[Edited on 1/2/17 by mark chandler]

Thank you for that, I've bookmarked it

Shame neither of us can get that bloody day off, bugger

coozer

posted on 3/2/17 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been in there a lot of times as I was an oem supplier engineer

On arrival the front is very nice like a posh 5 star hotel.. The heritage show is hit and miss depending what they have in at teh time but the highlight for me was the RnD tent out the back.. Went there to check a steering column on a jig and there was a V8 racer in getting some work done... They fired it up and boy was I blown away from the noise of headers without an exhaust attached!

The assembly hall is canny, all the sowing machinists on the left as you walk in and the slow assembly process to the right.

However ive been to many car plants and some of the others are better.. The mercedes plant in Stuttgart is AWESOME.. Just the pure scale of it..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.