Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megajolt
andybod

posted on 6/1/05 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
megajolt

i know that megajolt has been discussed alot on here just a question before i go ahead and order though how many people have used this system and how succesfull has it been ,have people experianced any problem,s setting them up when installed i,ll be running 2.0 zetec on carb,s the building of the circuit board won,t be a problem i know a very good auto electrician it,s the main install and tuning side i,m concerned about any suggestion,s /advice appriciated thank,s
James

posted on 7/1/05 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried looking around the megasquirt/jolt forum?
Might have more info than this one!

Atb,

James

PioneerX

posted on 7/1/05 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Andybod,

I have a Megajolt installed and running on a Vauxhall 1.8 8v with Twin 40 Dellorto carbs. If your in the Kettering, Northants area you are more that welcome to come and take a look at it. If not I have some photos of the installation.

I have printed a couple of boards if your interested in one. I personally bought my unit from Brent (the designer), this was shipped from the USA, but he did a very good job on it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chriscook

posted on 7/1/05 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I finished building mine a couple of days ago. I plan to run my vauxhall XE engine on it with dellorto 45s but it will be a while before it actually runs.

I bought my edis unit and sensor from bill survington who is on thew se7ens list and blatchat.

Mix

posted on 7/1/05 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Slight hijack, but does anyone know of any new info on 'Ultra Megasquirt'?

Cheers Mick

andybod

posted on 7/1/05 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
pioneer x you have mail
PioneerX

posted on 10/1/05 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Andybod,

I have replied. But just for the rest. My website is now backup to pictures of MegaJolt installation can be see on link

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Lane

posted on 10/1/05 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Mick,

UMS is on hold as they are just launching MS II.

Bill has a beta test unit and it features in this months PPC mag. It won't be self build though as it's surface mount devices.
They aim to retail out at £75 mark.

See here for details http://www.msefi.com/

[Edited on 10/1/05 by Rob Lane]

Northy

posted on 10/1/05 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Rob,

No kits at all? Some of us can solder surface mount stuff!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Rob Lane

posted on 10/1/05 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
I know, I can, but the majority cannot, hence B&G selling it as completed board.

Still at that price it's not worth making one.

I've just ordered another MS kit after selling mine and now finding I need one for my upgrade. Throttle bodies due to-morrow as part of engine upgrade to MS.
This will leave cut down plenum unit for the Gemini.

Northy

posted on 10/1/05 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Lane
Still at that price it's not worth making one.

It depends how many parts you can get as "samples" or from work!

I'm just going to stick with carbs and a MJLJ (which I'm half way through building due to house move) for now, and perhaps drop in a FI XE in a year or so.

How's the new project progressing?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Rob Lane

posted on 11/1/05 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
The processor in the MS II is a new device along with the peripherals. Total cost of parts is apparently close to sale cost.
To be honest Graham it's not really worth DIY for a one off.
A friend and I have done surface mount by spreading solder paste across board placing components in sticky paste then just apply a blowlamp.
Sounds easy but needs care.

Didn't get any time on project on Sunday as I was as usual suffering a stinking head cold

Seems that every few weeks I get one at the moment.

Did a bit of work last night putting in a couple of new chassis rails, should get that done tonight and take some pics.

I need to get the engine and box temporarily located and try bodywork on for clearance. Then I can finalise positions and get on with build up.

harvey115

posted on 14/2/05 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
megajolt

i could do with a phone number to buy megajolt i like to speak to somebody before i order. if i do order direct from america what parts do i get do i get the full kit at $150 please help its holding me up if anybody has 1 for sale they can ring me on 07771921692 i also need dials and cobra speed7 seats in any condition beacause thats i do for a living re trim thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.