Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gauging Interest in 99% complete GBS Zero
Ron Lang

posted on 24/7/17 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Gauging Interest in 99% complete GBS Zero

Gauging whether there is any interest from anyone to buy my zero. I purchased the car "almost complete" and found there was a huge list of work to do. After spending much more money than I have it's very nearly IVA ready but I've well and truly run out of money. As I already have one, I can't really justify breaking the bank to complete another. I was initially trying to turn it around for a profit but now happy just to get my money back.

The kit was purchased (as a full kit) in 2011 with a brand new 2.0 zetec. It's now running an emerald k6 and gbs plenum fuel injection. I've made a brand new engine harness using the emerald flying loom and the car starts and runs great - although needs mapping. It dries in and out of my garage fine and all lights etc are working fine.

Left to do are a few bits of carpet, IVA trims and other small touches. I can't get some of the gauges working (smiths flight - lighting up fine) but have run out of knowledge to be able to fix). Most of the items needed to complete are here too.

The car owes me 8k but would take £7,500 to the right owner if it's off my hands asap.

Anything people want to know, drop me a PM.

I had a full inspection done by GBS and have full a list of outstanding items - most of which I've already done.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

russbost

posted on 25/7/17 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Not trying to be rude, but I don't think you have a hope of getting that sort of money without IVA, even with IVA that sounds like highish money for a Zero even with the brand new lump. I hope you get to prove me wrong! Good luck with the sale!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
chris

posted on 25/7/17 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
unfortunately kit cars cost more to build than there completed worth its a hobby for most
i lost about two thousand on my last kit car and my present GBS zero i have spent many £££££ on modifying it and i think the best thing is once the parts are fitted and work correctly bin the invoice then you cant see how much you have spent on it

Ron Lang

posted on 25/7/17 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris
unfortunately kit cars cost more to build than there completed worth its a hobby for most
i lost about two thousand on my last kit car and my present GBS zero i have spent many £££££ on modifying it and i think the best thing is once the parts are fitted and work correctly bin the invoice then you cant see how much you have spent on it

Ha fair point. They seem to sell for around 10k most of the time when registered but looks like I might just have to stick with it.

Thanks.

loggyboy

posted on 25/7/17 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Without meaning to sound too doom and gloom but got to say I agree with the other comments. Whilst the GBS is a good car, its not got any sort of reputation for being anything 'special' when compared to the other 7esq variants, so wont command Caterham prices.
£6k is a fairer estimate for a complete registered car based on ebays completed listings. Don't assume an asking price is ever achieved. I would suggest a £4k sale price is more accurate in its current state. You would be better off breaking it down if you want much more.

[Edited on 25-7-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

wowblaauw

posted on 25/7/17 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
As above really. I bought a completed ready to run IVA's Zero similar spec to yours costing the original builder £23K - I have the receipt bundle. I paid £7K for it. I have since spent many thousands - please don't tell the missus - but have a worth while hobby which keeps me out of mischief and the missus happy' ish. Like the others, I doubt you'll be getting the sort of cash you are looking to retrieve. However, I wish you well with your quest and booger me if you sell it I'll eat my own xxxx. Cheers,

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.