Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Plate - Donor Parts Requirements
Ron Lang

posted on 9/8/17 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
New Plate - Donor Parts Requirements

Do you have to have your donor parts reconditioned if you want to register the car on a new plate? If so, do you need to prove it to the IVA inspector?

I'm having a hard time finding places that will recondition parts and the exchange prices quoted on the kit manufacturers' websites seem very expensive.

loggyboy

posted on 9/8/17 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing to do with IVA, only DVLA registration.
You will need all new major components - except one that can be reconditioned to an 'as new standard'.

Major components are:
Chassis/Body Shell
Axles
Transmission
Steering Assembly
Engine
Suspension (front and back)

So you will need to send DVLA recipts of the above with the 'Built Up Vehicle Inspection Report' (V627/1)

Common for kits to have a recon transmission, as that's the expensive but to get new.

[Edited on 9-8-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 10/8/17 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
What year would an age related plate be and is it really an issue to have one?

I got a G age related plate on my MK Indy and it worked fine for me. The Pinto engine was reconditioned, but the other bits worked fine with a few oil seal replacements.

kingster996

posted on 10/8/17 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just get a Q. Much better when it comes to mot down the line as emissions are no issue. A new plate is only new for a short time, then it's old!

A Q is ageless and says "I built this" - and has no effect on value unless you sell to someone who hasn't a clue what they are buying.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

Ron Lang

posted on 10/8/17 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingster996
Just get a Q. Much better when it comes to mot down the line as emissions are no issue. A new plate is only new for a short time, then it's old!

A Q is ageless and says "I built this" - and has no effect on value unless you sell to someone who hasn't a clue what they are buying.

I didn't realise the emissions requirements were different? Still need a cat though right?

adithorp

posted on 10/8/17 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
To get through IVA you'll need a cat (unless it's a very early silvertop zetec) to pass the emmision test.

Once registered on either a new or age related plate it'll have to meet the same cat test at MOT. If you get a Q though, the MOT emissions are treated as pre'72 and are visible smoke only.

Only advantage of going new or age related plate is if you want to put a private plate on it.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.