Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Part built or parts for a bec
dern

posted on 5/12/17 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Part built or parts for a bec

Hi,

I started building my locost about 13 years ago and have realised that there's no way I'm ever going to get time (or have the inclination) to finish this project. Therefore I'm offering it up for sale. Ideally I'd like to sell as one lot but if there's no interest then I'll break the bits up and offer them on here or on ebay.

This is not a bolt together project and you will need to be proficient at welding. You can either treat this as a short cut or just buy all the other bits and leave me with the chassis that I'll recycle... up to you. The chassis has been in my garage for 13 years and is covered in surface rust.

1 part built book chassis built for a Yamaha 2003 R1 engine and an MNR dedion rear axle and brackets for a sierra lsd diff. Welded to the chassis is an MNR rear roll hoop with supports made from 3mm (from memory) CDS. The chassis is pretty much all built but small bits will need completing. For example you'll need to complete the front suspension mounts, the rear shock mounts, the rad and steering rack mounts and so on. I do have front suspension arms but due to some confusion I'm not sure you can use the upper arms and will need to fabricate them yourself. The reason is that I have cortina hubs and accidentally bought sierra hub arms.

Low mileage Yamaha 2003 R1 engine, loom, rad etc. I have never run this up but apart from being filthy now it looks in good order, turned over and was supplied by a member on here called colibriman who I suspect is long gone but he had a good rep at the time. I do not have the ECU for this engine and don't have clocks. Removable engine mounts built and on the chassis.

Output shaft propshaft adapter. No propshaft.

Ford Sierra LSD diff, don't know the ratio but assume it's the most common one. Mounting brackets are welded to the chassis. I think this was supplied by MNR.

Rear DeDion kit by MNR welded up complete with trailing arms and panhard rod. Designed for the Sierra diff and comes complete with brand new driveshafts. The axle does have surface rust on it but is a very decent bit of kit.

Ford Sierra steering column.

Ford Cortina front hubs. These have been refurbished some time ago and do have very slight surface rust. They come complete with brand new bearings and ball joints.

I believe I have a full set of brake calipers. Cortina front and Sierra rear. I can't in all honesty recall the state of them but assume that they need to be refurbished.

Westfield pedal box.

ETA: I've also got a set of 5 minilite copy wheels. They have yokohama tyres that you can roll around on but please replace them before going on the road as they've been sat outside for 12 years.

ETA: Just remembered that I have a stainless steel manifold for this engine made for the chassis. Goes from the engine (obvs) to the front of the left side ready for a cat/silencer (I have neither).

I have no bodywork, seats, clocks, floor paneling or indeed anything that isn't listed above.

I am based near Newbury, Berkshire. If anyone is interested please drop me a note or reply on here. If no one wants all of the above (or all of the above minus the chassis) by the new year then I'll break it all and offer the bits individually.

Many thanks,

Mark

PS. It's not all doom and gloom, just the realisation that I'm spending a lot of my time and money running other track cars and motorbikes and this isn't going to get completed.

[Edited on 5/12/17 by dern]

[Edited on 5/12/17 by dern]

R1 (2003 FI) powered Locost in progress
Fireblade/Impreza

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stevie_P

posted on 5/12/17 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Size of the wheels / tyres?
Steve

dern

posted on 6/12/17 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
I'll check on the wheel sizes for you.

I'll start to get pictures of this stuff sorted out and list them all individually if no one wants it as a project. Offers if you do.

Cheers,

Mark

Fireblade/Impreza

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 7/12/17 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Colibriman! ~Blast from the past

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

nick205

posted on 7/12/17 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Colibriman! ~Blast from the past

Indeed - a familiar old name from LCB

donn006

posted on 7/12/17 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Di dion

Hi mate how much for the Di Dion complete
dern

posted on 12/2/18 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Apologies for the delay in getting back to this.

Is there any interest in anyone taking the chassis + dedion bits as one lot? If not I'll sell the dedion as one thing and cut up the chassis and recycle the metal. Let me know and then I can work out which way I'm going to do and price up the components accordingly.

Thanks,

Mark

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 12/2/18 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donn006
Hi mate how much for the Di Dion complete

Are you still interested in this? Subject to someone letting me know that they want the chassis and dedion as a package pretty quickly I may be in a position to sort this out.

This package will be...

• Dedion axle
  • Four trailing arms with spherical bearings
  • Panhard rod with spherical bearings
  • Driveshafts (new)
  • Sierra LSD diff
  • I'll have to check what stubs/brakes I have

You'll have to make you're own mounting brackets as mine are welded to the chassis but I can take photos of what I'm using.

Is there any of that you don't want?

Haven't a clue on price, let me know what you want and I'll go from there.

Thanks,

Mark

Fireblade/Impreza

Stevie_P

posted on 12/2/18 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Could still be interested in the wheels if still available?
Steve

dern

posted on 12/2/18 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie_P
Could still be interested in the wheels if still available?
Steve

Sorry Steve, will sort out details this weekend.

Fireblade/Impreza

Stevie_P

posted on 12/2/18 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
No worries mate.
donn006

posted on 13/2/18 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Do Dion

Hi mate yes I’m still interested in the di Dion set up
Nile_rt

posted on 13/2/18 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Do the Cortina hubs include the uprights? Very interested if you're selling parts separately.
dern

posted on 13/2/18 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nile_rt
Do the Cortina hubs include the uprights? Very interested if you're selling parts separately.

I think that this is the way this will go. I'll recycle the chassis and sell the rest of the parts. Hopefully I'll have time to catalogue everything this weekend.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Wheels...

This came from a mate who ran them on a westfield for a while. They have a GB centre cap and have made in Italy cast in the back. My guess is that they are JBW minilite replicas.

They are 14x6 wheels with a PCD of 4x108 and an offset of somewhere between ET30 and ET35 (it isn't marked). There are five wheel but from memory one of them is slightly buckled. They all have tyres with loads of tread (four of them advan A048) but all are very old, have been kept outside and have cracks in them.

They're filthy but in good condition...

Wheels are based near Newbury, Berkshire. Am coming to Cheshire 3rd/4th March. Not really interested in posting them, sorry.

£100 for the set of five.

First dibs to Stevie_P.

[Edited on 18/2/18 by dern]

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Engine...

This is a 2002/3 Yamaha 1000cc R1 Engine - Code 5PW. It's supposed to generate 150bhp and 80ftlb.

The engine was supplied by Colibriman who had a good rep at the time. It came from a crashed low mileage bike but I have no details other than that. I've just pulled the plugs, put a little 2-stroke oil down the bores and it turns over cleanly. The gearbox allows all the gears to be selected.

I have never run this engine. If you were to buy this I would definitely recommend pulling the head off to have a look around. I bought this on good faith but as it came from a crashed bike I would not necessarily recommend throwing it in a car as is and running it. This is a pretty straight forward process and will give you peace of mind that no foreign stuff is in the bores, all the valves are clean and so on. You'd be crazy not to do this with any bike engine you'd buy off ebay.

The engine comes complete with throttle bodies, airbox and a box full of looms and so on. There is no ECU and no clocks.

Additionally there is the original radiator from the bike in good condition with the fan. There is also an ally sump baffle (new, never fitted and with instructions) and a stainless mainfold for a seven chassis. There is also a prop shaft adapter included.

£600 for all of this. If you take the head off within a month and you're not happy with the state of the internals then bring it all back in the same state as you took it and I'll give you your money back. I'm happy to do this as I'll be able to break the engine and get most of this money back.

First dibs to CRAIGR.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Rollbar...

I bought this from MNR (I think) years ago. From memory it's 3mm CDS and is tall enough to save your head. It's shown welded to a book chassis and I'll cut it off if anyone wants it with the mounting plates. You can then clean it up and mount is as you need. Don't worry about the rust, it's just light surface rust.

If you can collect this you can have it for nothing.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Steering column...

I have a complete sierra steering column with steering lock and key. It does come with the original steering wheel but it's manky. If anyone is interested I'll dig it out (it's behind two motorbikes).

£50

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD Front axle...

Front cortina stub axles and hubs. The hubs were rebuilt with new bearings but one of the dust seals appears to be missing so assume they need new bearnings. They come complete with the appropriate top and bottom swivel joints.

£50 for the lot.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Rear axle...

This is a de-dion axle supplied by MNR (I think). It will be supplied with the following...

De-dion axle (surface rust)
Four trailing arms complete with spherical bearings
One panhard rod with spherical bearings
Two as new rebuilt driveshafts (you will need to clean out and grease the CVs as some dirt has got in while stored).
Two sierra rear bearing carriers
Two sierra rear stub axles (as shown fitted to the driveshafts)
Two sierra hubs
Two sets of bearings for the hubs
Four sierra brake calipers in various states of repair

£200 for the lot

First dibs to donn006

Fireblade/Impreza

Nile_rt

posted on 18/2/18 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. I'll take the cortina hubs and wishbone please
dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nile_rt
Hi. I'll take the cortina hubs and wishbone please

Hi, the wishbones aren't part of the package as they're for sierra hubs, I bought them in error. If you want them you can have the for nothing but they won't fit the cortina bits. You have first refusal on these though.

Are you able to collect from Newbury or I'll be in Northwich in a couple of weeks. If you want them posted I'll have to get a quote.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Diff...

This is a Sierra 3.62 LSD 7" Lobro diff...

£250 or £200 if bought with the de-dion axle.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis...

Book chassis built for shown de-dion rear axle and 2003 R1 engine. Removable engine cradle so you can put whatever engine you like in it but you'll have to modify the tunnel to take a car gearbox. Surface rust all over as shown in the above pictures. 95% complete.

Free. Priority goes to anyone who takes the de-dion axle.

Fireblade/Impreza

dern

posted on 18/2/18 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
By the way, should have said... happy to entertain offers on any of the above. Anything that doesn't go will go on ebay in a few weeks.

All based near Newbury, Berkshire. Would prefer for collection for the above. Am coming to Northwich first weekend in March and can bring any of the parts with me except for the chassis.

Fireblade/Impreza

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.