Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Pass at Northam
ttalps2000

posted on 3/1/18 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
IVA Pass at Northam

Finally got my IVA cert today. Nearly a 13 year build in total!
Next question - how the hell do I register now with DVLA?

I asked the tester and all I got was, I don't have a clue, heres your certificate!

Thanks

Bigboystoys

posted on 3/1/18 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations should be all legal and registered just in time for the spring
ttalps2000

posted on 3/1/18 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Just spoken to DVLA and all forms on their way out to me!
ianhurley20

posted on 3/1/18 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations on passing IVA

below copied from a document posted a few days ago on this site relating to an ANC car build. It may help!

Applications to register your vehicle should be sent to KIT AND REBUILDS TEAM; DVSA; Swansea; SA99
1ZZ.
Documentation required for registration: -
• V55/5
• V5C (if donor vehicle is used)
• ID(Photocopies are acceptable)
• 1st Registration Fee (Check applicable rate)
• Fee for road tax
• MOT (if applicable)
• IVA/SVA/MSVA Certificate
• Receipts for any new or second hand parts.
• V627/1 ‘Built up Vehicle Inspection Report’ to be completed before inspection.
You do not need an MOT for the first 3 years as age is classed as when it was completed.
You will need a receipt from the kit supplier that states "new and unused" and the VIN.
IMPORTANT: Keep copies of everything you send.
V55/5 COMPLETION INFORMATION
Registration No: Leave blank
Tax class: Petrol car
Period of tax: 12 months
Registration fee: £55. Tax payable (Check current amount)
Manufacturer: ANC
Make: ANC
Model: Replicar
Type of body: Sports car
Wheel Plan: 2 axle rigid
Colour: State body colour
Type approval: IVA number XXXX
Type: NA
Variant: NA
Version: NA
Length: NA
HC: See IVA Cert
Un-laden weight: NA
No seats: 2
Max net power: 131@6500 (for the mk1 1.8)
Max towable mass: NA
Track width: 1450 depending on wheel/spacer choice
Width: NA
NOx: NA
Revenue weight: NA
Standing places: NA
Max permissible mass: 1280
Year of manufacture: 2016
Euro status dir no: NA
Date from which tax to run: 1st of next month
Fuel: Petrol
VIN: As per invoice from ANC
Engine number: Taken from donor V5
Cylinder capacity: 1840
Wheelbase: 2240
CO2: See IVA cert
Mass in service: 835
Partic.s: NA
CO: NA
HC+NOx: NA
Trailer wt: NA
Stat. sound: NA
Engine speed sound: NA
Drive by sound: NA
Power/weight: NA
Once you have submitted your registration form and payment it may take 2 weeks for a registration
document to arrive, keep chasing them if it does not arrive, they often lose applications or some of the
documents you have submitted.

ttalps2000

posted on 3/1/18 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA have said to use a V267 form which is a decleration of newness. I have no evidence for the build up report to be able to get an age related plate, so have been told to use the V267 and V55/4 forms?!
gary gsx

posted on 3/1/18 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations. Was the inspector called Mark?

Gary

bonzoronnie

posted on 3/1/18 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Huge congratulations.
Well done.

russbost

posted on 3/1/18 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ttalps2000
DVLA have said to use a V267 form which is a declaration of newness. I have no evidence for the build up report to be able to get an age related plate, so have been told to use the V267 and V55/4 forms?!

You will only get a new reg if ALL major parts with the exception of 1 which may be reconditioned to "as new" are brand new (at the time of assembly). If that's not the case then you want V55/5 & the V627/1 - you don't need to provide any evidence for the build up report if you are providing a V5 from a donor, but you will require a "certificate of newness" from whoever supplied the chassis if new, if you welded chassis up yourself then invoices for steel should suffice & you will "certify newness" yourself

Failing the above, you just fill out the V627/1 to the best of your ability & you will get a "Q" plate, some people see this as a huge negative, some aren't so bothered. I feel it makes a LOT less difference on a 7 than, say, a Lambo or Cobra rep & it does mean that irrelevant of the emissions on the IVA cert. you will get an easier MoT on emissions (visible smoke only) when the time comes around

Congratulations & drive easy for at least the first few miles particularly at this time of year!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ttalps2000

posted on 3/1/18 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have not used a single donor vehicle and all the major parts were second hand and reconditioned by myself. Also have no V5 for any of the major parts. So i know im going on a Q plate and went through all this with the bloke on the phone at DVLA and he told me to use those forms, however i will go with what you guys who have been through the process say to use as it will be correct!! The bloke on the phone was not 100% sure to be honest!
Daf

posted on 3/1/18 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic - bet you're relieved! As others have said take the first few miles steady, I was a little caught out when a downshift caused a serious backend twitch!
ttalps2000

posted on 3/1/18 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
relieved is an understatement!!

I have regular use of my father in laws 3L V6 Luego, so mine should be a little tamer on the back end hopefully!

They managed to cock up my certificate though!! Put most of my old engine details on it, which will affect the tax etc, so got to go back to get a corrected replacement on Friday!

ttalps2000

posted on 4/1/18 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
The VIN number that needs to be stated on the invoice from the manufacture - as they no longer are allowed to allocated them, surely this cannot be correct as this comes from DVLA and is assigned by them?
ianhurley20

posted on 4/1/18 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The VIN number that needs to be stated on the invoice from the manufacture - as they no longer are allowed to allocated them, surely this cannot be correct as this comes from DVLA and is assigned by them?

Kit car manufacturers can still issue a chassis number but most will have one issued by DVLA - put whichever you displayed at IVA

ttalps2000

posted on 4/1/18 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
my original invoice from the manufacturer is 2005 and at that point they could make up whatever they chose! So putting it on the invoice now would make it false, unless I put on there its an amendment I suppose?!
ianhurley20

posted on 4/1/18 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
my original invoice from the manufacturer is 2005 and at that point they could make up whatever they chose! So putting it on the invoice now would make it false, unless I put on there its an amendment I suppose?!

What did you use at IVA?

ttalps2000

posted on 4/1/18 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
dvla issued number
ianhurley20

posted on 4/1/18 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
dvla issued number

Then that is the only one you can use

ttalps2000

posted on 4/1/18 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
The DVLA website sais that build plans need to be sent also.

Do I assume that I just don't send them as I bought the chassis kit from a manufacturer?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.