Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tokai Gold star 1985 guitar value ?
Andybarbet

posted on 15/9/18 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Tokai Gold star 1985 guitar value ?

Not sure if anyone on here is into electric guitars but I have a 1985 Tokai Gold star sound here that I am curious to the value of.

I was given it a few years ago.

Completely original, nice patina & a few marks here & there, it's fully working too.

I have had it in my lounge as an ornament really, never seem to have the time to learn how to play it :-(

Any ideas on the value of something like this ?

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Andybarbet

posted on 15/9/18 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Tokai
Tokai

Tokai Gold star
Tokai Gold star

[Edited on 15/9/18 by Andybarbet]

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

wylliezx9r

posted on 15/9/18 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
eBay is your friend do a search on there.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

overdriver

posted on 15/9/18 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Tokai were Japanese manufacturers of better quality Strat copies (I believe the majority of Tokai production is now Chinese). Good ones of this vintage (1985) can command asking prices of c.£500+. These are well preserved examples with a good 'maintenance record' - renewed or upgraded pick-ups, well serviced electrics, re-fretting etc. etc.. Added to which, asking prices and realised sale figures can often be somewhat distant.

For a good average example, I would suggest that you might be looking at a nominal value of c. £200 - 300. However, the market is awash with good (and not so good!) Strat copies so buyers have a substantial choice.

Suggest you get a decent amp and learn to play it!

Michael.

Tiger Supercat, X-type 2.2D Sovereign Estate, Squier Fender Strat, Encore shell-back electro/acoustic, Yairi B&M Soloist classical & Les Paul (Chinese) copy.

nero1701

posted on 16/9/18 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
Agree completely with overdriver.
Great guitars. Went through a lawsuit with fender
Good examples 2-300.

Andybarbet

posted on 16/9/18 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys, I'm not particularly thinking of selling it, I just got into a conversation with someone that said he thought they were a very good guitar & I was curious to ask a rough value.

My 14 year old son plays & we have planned at some point to get him to start teaching me but life's busy and I have a car to build first.

He has a very large Marshall amp in his bedroom & it sounds fantastic when plugged into that :-)

Surrey Dave

posted on 17/9/18 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I Had One!

I had one of these in the 80's and would love to own one again for nostalgia purposes, please let me know if you decide to sell it.

regards

overdriver

posted on 19/9/18 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Just watching James May's 'The Reassembler' on Quest. It's the one where he reassembles a guitar - a 1984 Tokai Goldstar Sound Strat copy!

Michael.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.