Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Doctor Who - what's going on?
Mr Whippy

posted on 12/11/18 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Doctor Who - what's going on?

ok so new series new Doctor, new Tardis, don't mind a female actor she hasn't ruined the role even if she's always out of breath every 5 mins and pants like an old dog, thought she had two hearts so why is she not fitter??

But the stories, what going on? It all seems very gritty and political now, with the aliens just a back story to remind you that its a sci fi show, oh yeah look aliens...I'm am watching Doctor Who after all.......

Don't get me wrong certainly interesting to learn just how bad American segregation was (never saw that in Back to the Future) or Indian partition was but give me a grumpy Dalek any day in my once a week space program please...not a in your face look at all this injustice in the world documentary oh and since we have a time machine were going to look at it all through all of history noooooo!!

Last night one brother betrays his other brother over his political views, he gets shot by a gang lead by his brother. The Doctor, just runs away...hmm I can't show this to my little kids or that last one or the one before that

Seems to be a new agenda lurking behind this show... please stop

[Edited on 12/11/18 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 12/11/18 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Oddly enough, I was talking about this exact subject with my wife last night. It's no longer 'Doctor Who night', it's 'informative lecture or some other bo***cks' night. I know they wanted to diversify, and that the BBC as an institution is trying very hard to be PC, but they seem to have lost the plot.

I agree with last nights aliens as well, the entire episode would have been virtually unchanged if the aliens weren't in it.

As a slight comparison, we recently finished watching Timeless, another time travelling series but this time actually aiming to cover some big events (albeit big for Americans). We actually enjoyed that one and we're looking forward to the film (if there is one).

SPYDER

posted on 12/11/18 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Next week they'll be going to the parting of the Red Sea or maybe it'll turn out that Bradley Walsh's character had a relative on the Titanic!
When it comes to pseudo-random visits into the past Bill and Ted did it better.

SJ

posted on 12/11/18 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Have to admit it is pretty dreadful.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 12/11/18 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
My opinion (but not directly upon Dr. Who, I last watched the Pertwee series), is that I wish the BBC was pay-for-view.
The BBC seems to have gone into a ratings-led, dumbed-down, liberal, politically-correct potential well. I'm sure that Dr. Who will have gone the way of everything else, I'll have a quick look next time it's on and have a cringe (probably). TV is 'off' most nights, with some classic rock/pop CD's playing continually.

loggyboy

posted on 12/11/18 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Never understood the fuss over any generation of Dr.Who. I think I was too young to pick up on older versions and too old to care about the reboots.

Mistral Motorsport

02GF74

posted on 12/11/18 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's ruined. Dr who was mindless but entertaining drivel defeating men in badly fitting rubber suits disguised as aliens, now it is about forcing political correctness down our throats.

scudderfish

posted on 12/11/18 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I enjoyed it. If I wanted to watch the same thing week in, week out I'd watch Top Gear.
MikeRJ

posted on 13/11/18 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Fortunately the viewing figures are declining pretty quickly. No doubt the BBC will be busy trying to spin this some other way so they don't have to admit they are broadcasting heavily politicised garbage.
owelly

posted on 13/11/18 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
You think the Dr has it bad? I took the kids to the cinema to watch a cartoon film and it was just one long moral lesson!! Thankfully the kids just laughed and the funny bits and like the bright colours.....
FYI...it was Littlefoot.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 14/11/18 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Never understood the fuss over any generation of Dr.Who. I think I was too young to pick up on older versions and too old to care about the reboots.

Have to say I'm with you on this, it's never really caught my attention either!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.