Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best edge trim for GRP bonnet
bi22le

posted on 16/11/18 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Best edge trim for GRP bonnet

So what do you guys have / prefer.

I have had the metal ribbed reinforced stuff in the past and am happy to go for it again. My main issue with it is that it seems quite over kill. This will go around the edge of the bonnet, taking the weight, and over the top of the exhausts as I have a over frame exiting exhaust.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Slater

posted on 16/11/18 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I use the same metal ribbed reinforced stuff on front and rear edge, the section for the exhausts I just left bare, thinking the rubber might melt or worse go on fire!

The rear edge trim copes well when the bonnet is removed and stood on its end on my concrete/paved driveway too.

Cut out for air filter also has the metal ribbed stuff.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

nick205

posted on 19/11/18 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
I used the metal reinforced rubber edge trim on my MK Indy bonnet aroung the over chassis exhaust and around the air filter - both worked perfectly.

The front and rear edges of the bonnet weren't trimmed, but I did take care when removing and standing the bonnet up on it's rear edge to make sure it didn't blow over.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.