Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA forms submit by post or online
snippy

posted on 12/1/19 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
IVA forms submit by post or online

Just finished all of my papers and am ready to submit for IVA. There is an online website at DVSA where you can submit the forms as a Technical Application and attach evidence but the maximum file size is 5MB. My pile of receipts and various other evidence is about an inch thick! Is there a postal address I can send it to instead? The IVA 1C form doesn`t provide an address to send it to. There is an address listed on the IVA 4 form (Amateur built declaration). I assume I send it all to that address?
jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 13/1/19 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
Hope you get a reply on this as I hope to get my Jester finshed this year (2019)

& it would be good to no as well from the people on here that have done there's all ready

gaz_gaz

posted on 13/1/19 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I have a mountain of receipts and about 1000 pictures but I only submitted receipts for chassis, engine, gearbox and suspension, brakes and diff, and about 8 pictures of bare chassis. Engine in, interior panels in, bodywork on, wiring behind dash, and a couple of the finished car.

I submitted it all online and chased it up after a week. The fella on the phone commented that there was more than enough evidence to prove amatuer build and I had an IVA date 9 days after applying.

I scanned the 7 pages of the application in as a single PDF
The 5Mb limit for pictures and receipts is per item so no problem with that.
Make sure you complete the self build deceleration as people have been delayed for not filling this out.

You get email updates as they progress the application so I'd recommend doing it online

Test this Wednesday... eek

[Edited on 13/1/19 by gaz_gaz]

snippy

posted on 13/1/19 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I`m in the same position as you Gaz with over 500 photos from the build and receipts galore (about 70). I had copied all 500 photo`s onto a CD to post but I think now I might narrow this down to about 30 to cover the 6 area`s on the amateur build declaration form with some extra`s and make them all reduced size so I can spread it all across a few attachments. I like the idea that they e-mail updates as everything is time/date stamped.
Good luck with your IVA. How long ago did you book your test as a matter of interest?

gaz_gaz

posted on 13/1/19 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I booked the test on the 22nd of November for the 16th of January at Southampton. They had dates available from the 4th of January but I wasn't free.
snippy

posted on 13/1/19 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, about 6 working weeks then allowing for the xmas break. Gives me a rough idea thanks.
jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Lot's of excellent info there.

Good luck with your IVA'S

ttalps2000

posted on 14/1/19 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
I booked the test on the 22nd of November for the 16th of January at Southampton. They had dates available from the 4th of January but I wasn't free.

Good luck with Southampton!! You will probably get Andy do the test. He is fair, but strict and completely as per the book!

steve m

posted on 14/1/19 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
"You will probably get Andy do the test. He is fair, but strict and completely as per the book! "

I think that's a very fare comment about a guy I do not know, as if all the places, we use for MOT etc, had a guy like that, or even better, lots of them, but all singing from the same hymn sheet, life would be so much better for all of us

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.