Author: Subject: Rip Keith Flint
02GF74

posted on 4/3/19 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Rip Keith Flint

James

posted on 4/3/19 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Gutted.

As an aside:

We turned down tickets to see them (supported by Pendulum- 2 of my favourite bands) to go to my cousin's wedding a few years ago.

On the way home from the wedding we broke down at 3am 70 miles from home and she got divorced 18mths later!

[Edited on 4/3/19 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Shooter63

posted on 4/3/19 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit when I heard this it was like a small part of me died, I knew him a bit through various ways, he always had time to talk ( mainly about bike racing) loved the music, I see the Prodigy at V Festival years ago as i live just down the road, they still are one of the best live groups ive seen, such a shame, i wish people with problems would seek help instead of hiding it away

A very sad day

Andi

posted on 4/3/19 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
I agree.. What a sad loss.
He has steered me though parties, music, raves, driving cars, living life and having so many good times in my life.
RIP Keith

steve m

posted on 4/3/19 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
I had to google who he was, and listen to a couple of tracks , and think

Not for me !!

Sorry,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

02GF74

posted on 5/3/19 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I had to google who he was, and listen to a couple of tracks , and think

Not for me !!

Sorry,

steve

No need to apologise, I'll bet significantly more people don't like the Prodigy than do so you are in the majority.

Not sure how, but the acid scene somehow passed me by so whilst I do like many of their songs, they won't feature in my top 10 favourite bands for example. Nevertheless I respect the huge talent of Keith and the other members in creating a new musical genre and some cracking tunes.

From what I read, his off stage persona was diametrically opposite to that onstage and he seemed like a very nice person. Too young but hey his legacy lives on

gaz_gaz

posted on 5/3/19 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
We where doing a trackday at Spa a few years ago in a Mini Gp2. Keith came running over at full speed to tell us all about his own GP2 works and how much he loved it. We chatted for a good 20 minutes about cars and bikes before going to do some laps.

He seemed like a really friendly down to earth bloke. Such sad news!!

bi22le

posted on 5/3/19 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Prodigy are a big part of my life. Up there with the best in my eyes, even if it's not too everyone's taste, they paved the way for hundreds of artists.

I grew up listening to them, have blown many speakers enjoying their fruits, have seen them in concert twice ( including with an unheard of Pendulum at the time ! )

Friends have shared garages with him on bike track days and said he was a passionate and very friendly biker.

I won't lie and say I feel slightly empty know Prodigy are no more.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.