Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garage recommendation Cornwall around Liskeard
RedAvon

posted on 6/5/19 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Garage recommendation Cornwall around Liskeard

Morning all,

My son and his girlfriend gave up city life recently and moved to Cornwall, they have a van and it has developed a couple of faults. Sounds like a power steering pump/belt and or alternator/charging issue on a Renault Master.

Are there any fellow Locosters in the area of Liskeard, Millbrook, Torpoint, Polbathic who runs, or can recommend, a garage to take the van to after the holiday weekend?

Looking for someone to give a fair assessment and carry out work at a fair price.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Bricoleur

starterman

posted on 6/5/19 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have a lad in the unit next to mine that is very reasonable and very knowledgeable. His number is 01579 382372 and he's called Josh. I'm in Callington by the way. If it's an alternator issue then he is next door to the right person, Albaston Starters & Alternators

Cheers Mike

RedAvon

posted on 6/5/19 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks Mike, I will pass these details on to my son (also Mike) and he will give Josh a call tomorrow.

We are coming down for a visit in a few weeks time so I will try to catch up with you one of the days we are down to swap Tiger Avon stories.

All the best,
Ian

Bricoleur

starterman

posted on 7/5/19 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Let me know when you are down, it would be good to meet up with another locoster. Oh and if your lad does need anything doing to his alternator then the locostbuilders rules apply. Cost price
RedAvon

posted on 7/5/19 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mike,

I will send you a U2U message when we head down to arrange a catch up with you.

I passed on Josh's details last night, but unfortunately they couldn't make the journey to Callington from where they are near Freathy as the engine stop light was on and just to be safe didn't want to drive, so they tried a couple of places nearby at random.

It appears that a pulley either came loose or sheared? and fell off which means they lost drive to the alternator and power steering. The pulley and belt seem expensive but that is unavoidable and the guy is reasonable on labour so they have arranged the repair with him.

They will no doubt need further repairs in future and will keep Josh's number.

Thanks for the offer of LCB rates much appreciated, see you in June.

Cheers
Ian

Bricoleur

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.