Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Domestic charger for electric vehicles
David Jenkins

posted on 17/11/19 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Domestic charger for electric vehicles

I've just had a new 'smart' Zappi EV charger installed, so my original one is up for sale.

It's a Chargemaster 7KW Type 2 charger, with a key lock, a little over 1 year old. 'Type 2' is the connector for most modern electric cars (Type 1 can be connected with an adaptor). It's in very good condition as it was mounted inside my garage.

Charger 2
Charger 2
charger 3
charger 3

It comes with:

• Installation manual
  • Owner manual
  • 2 keys
  • Mounting bracket
  • Mounting screws & washers
  • Junction box (required)

The price is £200, including delivery.

I strongly recommend that the buyer gets this installed by a professional electrician as it needs to be wired into its own circuit in the consumer unit. Wiring is very easy, but it needs to be done properly and safely - there's a hell of a lot of current involved (up to 30A) when in use. Note that the latest regulations may require an earthing rod if this is mounted outside (it is fully weather-resistant).

Why has it been replaced? Since its installation we have had solar panels installed - the new Zappi charger can be set up to charge the car either entirely from solar, a mix of grid and solar, or all from the grid. Obviously in the winter the chances of getting a good charge are slim, but even today the solar panels were providing 50% of the charge.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.