Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Uber and losses
nick205

posted on 27/11/19 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
Years ago I used to regularly pick my girlfriend up from work dos in London. Driving up outside a venue the amount of times I had to yell 'no, I'm not your bloody taxi' doesn't bear thinking about. Drunk young people will climb into anything with wheels at 1 in the morning.

Had that happen myself - some years ago SWMBO commuted from Winchester to London and back for work. If it was raining I would stop in my car at Winchester railway station to collect her from the train. Sober commuters would regularly try and get in my car, assuming I was a taxi. The fact my car had no taxi roof sign, no taxi bumper plate, no taxi phone number on the side simply didn't register with them. Some would then get the right hump when politely advised not to get in my private car.

coyoteboy

posted on 28/11/19 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts

A few years ago a young girl in Cambridge got into what she thought was a taxi , it might have been New Year’s Eve, she was found murdered dumped in a field . The driver was posing as a licensed operator, he was found a few days later in Scotland having committed suicide.

I was picked up by a licensed cab, pre-ordered and quoted £35 fee for 5 people.

When 3 of the 5 were dropped off, leaving myself and my girlfriend at the time, we asked to get dropped off round the corner from her house, I was going to walk the rest of the way but he didn't know. He stopped, demanded 75 quid and when we refused to pay more than he quoted he drove off with us locked in the back. We directed him to a police station, he declined to go there and told us he was taking us back to his mates in the city. After 5 minutes of him trying to find his way to the main road with me yelling in his ear, I gave up, yanked on his handbrake, accidentally pulling it out of the floorpan but since he still didn't stop I had to wave it at his face. At which point he stopped the car, my GF kicked the door open and we both fell out onto the road. He turned off his lights and gunned it away.

Licenses mean very little unless you take a photo when you first get in.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.