Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis Numbers ?
Deckman001

posted on 29/5/20 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Chassis Numbers ?

Hi All,

I'm sure i read somewhere very recently but i can't remember where now, that you can either make up your own number to the correct amount 11 or 17 or something like that or you can post a request for one from the DVLA who at the moment do not want any postal communications to avoid any possible contact, and there isn't any direct email or phone call options.

Can anyone else remember where it was on a form or on a web site to confirm what i thought i saw ?

Cheers in advance and many thanks for any help.

Jason

ianhurley20

posted on 29/5/20 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
You USED to be able to make up your own number and if the car comes from Westfield, GBS, Tiger etc they can allocate a number to you but otherwise you have to get the number from DVLA, I think they would probably deal with you by email in the current situation, I may have an address somewhere but I am sure someone on here will have it to hand

Deckman001

posted on 29/5/20 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
You USED to be able to make up your own number and if the car comes from Westfield, GBS, Tiger etc they can allocate a number to you but otherwise you have to get the number from DVLA, I think they would probably deal with you by email in the current situation, I may have an address somewhere but I am sure someone on here will have it to hand

Yeah fair enough, I have the postal address for where to get a chassis number ,

K and R
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1ZZ

but obviously they do not want to receive any postal requests, so an email address would be great if anyone has it for them ?

Jason

ianhurley20

posted on 29/5/20 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry can't find the email address I used but here is a direct dial phone number to Donna Kennett who was very helpful 01792 782069. Must say everyone who I spoke to was very helpfull indeed especially Donna Kennett and Danielle Dymond at Kits and Rebuilds

Deckman001

posted on 29/5/20 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
Sorry can't find the email address I used but here is a direct dial phone number to Donna Kennett who was very helpful 01792 782069. Must say everyone who I spoke to was very helpfull indeed especially Donna Kennett and Danielle Dymond at Kits and Rebuilds

Many thanks for that info, have tried a couple of times and it's busy, so will keep at it though.

Thanks

Jason

Deckman001

posted on 30/5/20 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Well, Just an update, I've applied to the K and R team at DVLA in writing so will have to wait for the estimated 4-6 weeks for their reply, I tried the phone number route, but it never got put through so am assuming the digital system at the DVLA wouldn't accept a call directly through from a number it hadn't had contact from previously.

Jason

CosKev3

posted on 31/5/20 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Majority of them will be working from home I would guess with the Covid19 crap going on.
Kit car related paperwork does not seem to be very high up the DVLA priority list at the best of times,during this crisis I dread to think how long it will take tbh!

Deckman001

posted on 31/5/20 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Majority of them will be working from home I would guess with the Covid19 crap going on.
Kit car related paperwork does not seem to be very high up the DVLA priority list at the best of times,during this crisis I dread to think how long it will take tbh!

Yeah I know, it's going to be a nightmare, I was hoping i could make up my own, but because i couldn't remember where I had seen it, i gave up and fell into line and sent the request to the DVLA.
I also saw a point that they make allow a video test, i.e. someone i could recommend to carry out the test remotely to them.

so I'll have a chat with the guy who is sorting out the geometry and making it mot 'able to see if he would be interested in that if it's possible, also he wants me to do a track day with him down at Lyddon next month as he has a race car and has offered to give me advice on driving it there.

Jason

nobby_the_sheep

posted on 20/6/20 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Jason,

I'm in need of a chassis number myself, so just a quick follow up on this - I guess it's not quite a month yet but wondering if you heard anything back from the DVLA?

Just to confirm, you used this address for your request?

K and R
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1ZZ

Thanks!

Ian.

adithorp

posted on 20/6/20 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nobby_the_sheep
Hi Jason,

I'm in need of a chassis number myself, so just a quick follow up on this - I guess it's not quite a month yet but wondering if you heard anything back from the DVLA?....

Ian.

Do Raw not issue a Phoenix with a chassis number? Fury do... or did and guess they still do

[Edited on 20/6/20 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

nobby_the_sheep

posted on 20/6/20 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Lol, good spot! Didn't get a chassis number at the time, tho I have been building it for nearly 10 years now
wonderfulweasel

posted on 20/6/20 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I sent my request for a chassis number to the address of the above pretty much the first day of lockdown.
I’ve heard nothing back yet.

Deckman001

posted on 20/6/20 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Just a boring update i'm afraid, nothing heard yet so still waiting for a reply.

Jason

CosKev3

posted on 20/6/20 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
The majority are working from home apparently, so I dont think people building cars in their shed are a priority tbh!
CosKev3

posted on 20/6/20 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by nobby_the_sheep
Hi Jason,

I'm in need of a chassis number myself, so just a quick follow up on this - I guess it's not quite a month yet but wondering if you heard anything back from the DVLA?....

Ian.

Do Raw not issue a Phoenix with a chassis number? Fury do... or did and guess they still do

[Edited on 20/6/20 by adithorp]

Less risky to get one off DVLA,as that's guaranteed to pass IVA.
People have failed with manufacturer stamped chassis numbers as they had used non conforming digits etc.
My m8s MK came supplied with a chassis number that was one digit short,luckily he had built four cars before and spotted it in the build process so got a number off the DVLA and redid it.

Deckman001

posted on 19/7/20 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

I received my letter from the DVLA on Saturday, as expected they gave me a new number and printed out information relating to where it needs to be fitted. No relation to the old reg plate which was the donor. So help getting the original engine number from it either.
They also gave me a new IVA form too, saves me reprinting mine

Jason

nobby_the_sheep

posted on 19/7/20 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for updating, good to hear things are still being progressed
steve m

posted on 19/7/20 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
You can stamp your own plate now

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Deckman001

posted on 19/7/20 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I have ordered a new blank plate, it should arrive tomorrow and will be fitted by Wednesday. then my list will almost be done

Jason

steve m

posted on 19/7/20 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Practice first on a blank piece of alui, as I know, I goofed up !!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Deckman001

posted on 19/7/20 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Practice first on a blank piece of alui, as I know, I goofed up !!

Yep I'm going to practice quite a few times first I think !!

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.