Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto engines, Auto boxes
MautoK

posted on 4/6/20 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto engines, Auto boxes

Hi Folks,
It's a while since I sold my MK Indy (minus engine & autobox). Five years ago!
Having a garage tidy and want to release a few bits and pieces for someone's benefit.

Pinto engine 205 with Torque converter. Twin-belt alternator. Shortened sump. MK mounts. Blue
Pair SU carbs on manifold to suit the above.

Pinto engine 205 with all internals, no ancillaries. Shortened sump. Red

VW Polo radiator with misc hoses

Type9 5 speed box in bits and some light surface rust bloom which should clean up. Think I have a gasket set, but will probably need bearings and seals.

There might be a flywheel somewhere, as I was thinking of swapping from auto to manual.

2 off A4LD auto boxes. One as removed from car. Needs front seal at least, but working. Other has been fiddled with but probably good for a rebuild project.

Miscellaneous - ignition bits, Sierra steering wheel

Offers invited. It's more important that these items get used than thrown away so if you fancy a day trip to Devon with your van or trailer, please let me know.

Regards to one and all,
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

MautoK

posted on 4/6/20 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
...and an MK exhaust

Almost forgot, I also have a complete MK Pinto exhaust manifold and silencer. It's got asbestos or equivalent tape wrapping on the hot bits. All believed to be in good order since removal from the car in 2015. Only used for about 1300 miles.
Offers (bear in mind that it cost over £300). Buyer collects.
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

jacko

posted on 5/6/20 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John
Just a note to say I hope you and familiy are well I don't know if you remember me I sold you the twin su carbs
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MautoK

posted on 17/7/20 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
My engines and gearboxes are now re-homed.
Thanks to those who expressed interest and to the new owner.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.