Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlight on an RT
Antong

posted on 24/6/20 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Headlight on an RT

I'm pushing on to finally finish my stylus and one problem area is the headlights.

I've got some lovely hela projectors but no mounting system for them. I was contemplating just bonding some aluminium into the headlight surround but before i do....

Can anyone share how they've mounted their lights on a stylus rt?

Paul M

posted on 24/6/20 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
1 asked Matt @ SSC a few years ago the very same question ( i was considering swapping my standard lights to
the Hella Projector ones - see email response below,

Basically, the body comes with a flat surface there, which is usually cut out large diameter for the BL mini headlights.
For the Hellas, two smaller holes are cut instead, with the lights themselves mounted on a stepped aluminium plate taking the lights on their ball adjuster pins, etc.
Variations on indicators and running lights can be done too.
This plate is bolted to the front aperture from the rear . This is often painted black to contrast to the bodywork

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

ttalps2000

posted on 25/6/20 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
check your wheel clearances after fitting the lights too! I shortened the bowls on mine and the wheel still touch on full lock! Common issue on the Stylus as they were done for 13" wheels originally and most, like me now fit 15" wheels.

Other option is the LED units?

Paul A

posted on 26/6/20 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
My RT has projector lights, the builder bonded in 4 100mm dia tubes (2 each side) into whcih the lights fit. There is a flange onthe rear where the three mounting points go...but they are super close to the wheel on lock, especially in bump.

Paul A

ttalps2000

posted on 26/6/20 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
i will convert mine over to 7" LED units at some point as the light itself is much shorter and wont touch the wheels i hope!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.