Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seat belt fixings
shortcircuit

posted on 1/8/20 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Seat belt fixings

Recently purchased a set of IVA compliant 4 point seat belts. These came with 4 collets which are fitted to allow the belt to rotate. Unfortunately the belts provide have an eye 4.1mm thick and a collet with a 3.6mm step which means they will be rock solid.
My question is that do all 4 point need to move or is it just the upper fixings

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/8/20 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Some kits just come with a small tube to provide the gap required rather than the stepped spacer. Another option is to use 2 spacers facing each other and just grind one down to make the gap perfect. A visit to a breakers will get you those from the upper seat belt mounts, a van for example. They do vary in depth though.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shortcircuit

posted on 2/8/20 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that excellent informative reply. I have an old Colchester Student lathe for which I have been unable to gain the skills to fully use, but took about 20 thou off step and that has done the trick. I have done this for the upper fixings but intend that the lower will be solid as they do not appear to need to move to the same extent as the uppers.

Totally off subject but with reference to "Mr Whippy" my eldest brother sold for them and eventually ran a branch when they first came out. I also ran into a van still functioning, with UK reg and selling ice-cream way down south of Spain. Owner said He drove home annually for MOT ????????????????????????

Thanks again for info.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 6/8/20 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
When I disassembled my donor, there were shoulder bolts holding bushings which in turn allowed the belts to swivel.

Is this something you can easily acoomplish?

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shortcircuit

posted on 6/8/20 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for info. Donor long gone and doubt if it had belts. Have managed with upper fixings lower will be static.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.