Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Fibreglass Bodywork - Where do you get it now?
Edwardo

posted on 1/8/20 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Locost Fibreglass Bodywork - Where do you get it now?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that can supply a full bodywork set for a book Locost these days please?

I've done loads of research but the most recent posts seem to just end up with "call this guy - he might be able to find someone who has has some moulds from racing" etc etc. I've also emailed all the suppliers that used to do it - but they all only seem to be doing bodywork for the Haynes Roadster these days?

Looking to totally strip down and rebuild the Locost during the winter and would really like a full set of bodywork in a nice colour.

Cheers
Tony

big_wasa

posted on 1/8/20 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
There is a firm just up the road from me that supplies there own TSR but as it’s book it’s nose and arches. A lot of the other stuff is aluminium.
Edwardo

posted on 1/8/20 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ok cheers - I've actually got a brand new nosecone/rear tub and rear arches but they are in yellow so I'd have to have them sprayed. Would ideally prefer to buy a brand new set all in the same colour.

Is everybody doing there side panels in Ali these days?

big_wasa

posted on 1/8/20 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt there are many proper Locost’s being built for the road.

TSR are interested in racing.

Mk classic Indy would be the closest and the sides are an inch taller from memory

Myke 2463

posted on 2/8/20 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Bodywork

Al's locost body shop......... not sure still in business ?

Al'sLocostBody ShopBody panels for Haynes Roadster and Ron Champion locost buildsContact details ianarmitage@rocketmail.com 07752194200HOMECONTACT USGALLERY 2014Email:Tel. Ian on:Address:Unit 4 Industry Road.
Carlton Ind. Est.
Carlton, Barnsley,
South Yorkshire,
S71 3PQ

Be Lucky Mike.

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8599
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 2/8/20 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Googling the post code find a similar business a few doors away, they may have expanded,

Applied Glassfibre Mouldings
UNIT 12 INDUSTRY ROAD
S71 3PQ Carlton
South Yorkshire England
Phone:
01226 700373

Edwardo

posted on 2/8/20 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Ah ok, cheers. Might explain why I didn't get a reply from them.

Will try that other address and ask.

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 3/8/20 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
I got hold of an Iain a couple of months back on a text message on my phone. He said he stopped last year, but maybe worth a call. Maybe if he sees enough interest he may resume perhaps?? 07752194200 not sure where I tracked him down from- it may have been
Al's

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tJRDMpkbZMTRFapr8

[Edited on 3/8/20 by scotlad]

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

Hugh Paterson

posted on 5/8/20 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
I still have some mould tools for grp body work Edwardo we used to manufacture and sell commercially. I can certainly supply wheel arches at short notice and possibly a nose cone bonnet and Scuttle. I supply occasional bits n bobs for some of my old customers builds mainly Haynes Roadster these days but will have a decko to see what might fit your chassis I still have the Locost book as a reference point. Do u have a photo of the car as it is just now?
scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 5/8/20 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Hugh, I'm on the lookout for a Locost GRP bonnet and side panels if you happen to come across moulds for those 👍

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

Hugh Paterson

posted on 5/8/20 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Don’t have side panel moulds but might be able to do something for a bonnet, will have a decko at sizes in book to compare to my tooling we threw out most of the older stuff 9 years ago and only hung to kit we were still using which is why I have three styles and widths ofcwheel arch 😁
Edwardo

posted on 5/8/20 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Hugh - Many thanks for the reply, that's great news that you are able to supply Locost GRP too!

As with Scotlad - I'm afraid I was mainly after side panels too unfortunately - but would def be interested in some rear arches if you have the right width and could do them in a colour that matches the other bits I have.

Cheers
Tony

procomp

posted on 6/8/20 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. we make & supply a lot of original Locost bodywork. we have 20 plus of our cars racing so not going to run short of supply anytime soon.
Details can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/Procomp-motorsport-376574512390043

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.